SPECIAL: On Allen Lazard's fight to make the Green Bay Packers

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Lazard was doing some work blocking last night. He may not have had a huge receiving line, but it seemed like plays were going to his side of the field quite a bit to help take advantage of his size.

Shephard and Davis both looked like no doubters last night.

• Agree
Reactions: Humanjukebox

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Lazard was doing some work blocking last night. He may not have had a huge receiving line, but it seemed like plays were going to his side of the field quite a bit to help take advantage of his size.

Shephard and Davis both looked like no doubters last night.
I always thought that was an underappreciated part of his game. Having willing and able blocking receivers can turn a 5 yard run into a 20 yard gain or a long TD.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
A piece from The Athletic ($$) on Monday giving Lazard the edge over Shephard for the final roster spot. Basically Shephard is very similar to Davis who just returned and looked healthy while they are really liking Lazard's blocking ability to go along with using his frame as a WR.

https://theathletic.com/1161246/201...tles-to-watch-this-week-as-cutdown-day-looms/

Right now it looks like if either one of the two fail to make the final cut they'll be strong candidates for the practice squad (assuming they pass through waivers).

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Yup, 100%

I joined last year in July for the 60%. Enjoyed it so much I renewed at full price.

Same. I gifted my dad who retired and got a smart phone a subscription for Fathers Day and he’s constantly sending me articles from there.

Also, if ISU has the season we are hoping for, I’m guessing there are going to be a lot of articles behind that paywall people will want to see.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Same. I gifted my dad who retired and got a smart phone a subscription for Fathers Day and he’s constantly sending me articles from there.

Also, if ISU has the season we are hoping for, I’m guessing there are going to be a lot of articles behind that paywall people will want to see.

Yeah, I enjoy their weekly articles about CFB once the season starts. They have something every day that is interesting.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Side note

The Athletic has a 60% off sale going

Worth jumping in?

I keep "forgetting" to cancel my subscription. Their coverage of my fav baseball team (admittedly the sport I'm least interested in) helped me get through the dog days. I imagine as CFB and CBB start up, I'll enjoy it even more.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Side note

The Athletic has a 60% off sale going

Worth jumping in?
It's decent. The app gives you notifications on your favorite teams as things happen, and tell you when articles are published that are related to your interest.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
Considering the injury he seems like an unlikely candidate to make a 53, but with Rodgers liking him I could definitely see him on the Packers PS

AlienClone5

Sep 22, 2015
Aren’t they putting St. Brown on IR? Does anyone know if they need him on active 53 first, the move him to IR and claim Lazard off waivers?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Aren’t they putting St. Brown on IR? Does anyone know if they need him on active 53 first, the move him to IR and claim Lazard off waivers?

St Brown was never on the final 53, he went directly to IR meaning he's not eligibility to return this year.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron