SPECIAL: On Allen Lazard's fight to make the Green Bay Packers

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Balls

Mar 23, 2006
Iowa
As a Packers and ISU fan I hope AL makes the team not only In support of a fellow alum but because I think AL can help win games for GB.

But I got a bad feeling of Rodgers comments where he may be heaping praise knowing AL is going to be on the outside looking in at a final roster spot. I think he’s trying to help a fellow player who he sees working very hard and belongs in the NFL even if GB won’t have a spot.

I hope I’m wrong. Go Pack Go

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
As a Packers and ISU fan I hope AL makes the team not only In support of a fellow alum but because I think AL can help win games for GB.

But I got a bad feeling of Rodgers comments where he may be heaping praise knowing AL is going to be on the outside looking in at a final roster spot. I think he’s trying to help a fellow player who he sees working very hard and belongs in the NFL even if GB won’t have a spot.

The comment about "he could play for 32 teams" kind of led the pessimist in me down that road as well. Either way, doing enough to garner the attention of a HOF QB in the preseason is something AL can feel good about when it comes to his job prospects, wherever he lands.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

This is morbid.

• Agree
Reactions: Bigman38

Humanjukebox

Oct 16, 2017
Packers vs Raiders on now, AL had one target on an underneath crossing route, stopped right when the QB threw it and was nearly intercepted. Announcers roasted him for stopping.

Humanjukebox

Oct 16, 2017
AL with two catches on last scoring drive of half. Agree that other WR's have had some awesome catches.

4EverACyclone

Jun 18, 2011
Omaha, NE
Well if they keep 7 WR Lazard is in. One of the WR in front of him went down with a knee injury. Was St. Brown, their 7th round pick last year out of ND.
Looks like Davis and Shepard will make the team with St. Brown gone and Lazard rounding out the bottom of the receiver corp. Though they may end up with just 6 WR? Hoping for 7 and he gets to play against Montgomery during the first game!

• Creative
Reactions: casey1973

isubeatle

Aug 9, 2006
Des Moines
Well if they keep 7 WR Lazard is in. One of the WR in front of him went down with a knee injury. Was St. Brown, their 7th round pick last year out of ND.
Looks like Davis and Shepard will make the team with St. Brown gone and Lazard rounding out the bottom of the receiver corp. Though they may end up with just 6 WR? Hoping for 7 and he gets to play against Montgomery during the first game!
No, it was is ankle.

AttackOfTheClones

Dec 10, 2017
Bushwood, Nebraska
www.youtube.com
Lazard came down hard on his shoulder/neck here late in the 4th qtr.....left under his own power. Hopefully not serious. The tv guys talked him up , which is good to hear .....

The field didn't meet NFL standards, which I heard prior to this game.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Play he was injured on was nearly a great catch in traffic.

St Brown may be out but Davis a guy that AL may of been ahead of had a great night.

With Shepherd and Davis being return guys and AL playing well on ST I can see the keeping a 7th receiver.

Kumerow didn't play well but I doubt he hasn't solidified a roster spot.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Mark Murphy himself admitted that there were multiple outliers that affected the Packers' bottom line last year. Check what their reported profits were the year before and the year before that. Let's not pretend that NFL franchises are operating on a shoestring budget.

Remember, too, that there is no owner sucking profits out for himself. All profit goes right back into the club's coffers.

And.....the team has invested heavily in obtaining real estate around the stadium, and turning it into a destination, with hotels, amusement parks, shopping, etc.