Jay Jordan -- Light me up

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
JFC they were a bunch of thugs last yr. Plus we owe them for that ridiculous 70 pt pasting they put on us a few yrs back.

Yep and it sounds like they haven't improved much in this manner. Rhule had to kick some players out of a practice last week because, "things were getting too chippy".

“Today there was a little bit of chippiness, a little bit of a lack of discipline,” Rhule said. “I threw some guys out of practice today. You want guys who are chippy. But we really have to be a disciplined football team to get where we want to get.”

https://www.wacotrib.com/sports/bay...cle_4f0c689f-a861-56ea-943a-4878de08b4e2.html

• Informative
Reactions: BigCyFan and NWICY

ISU0454

Apr 10, 2006
Hello Jay...have you had any indication that the offense might use a 2-back set more often? I would like to see our top 2 RB in the game at the same time, but realize that takes one more blocker out of the 11. Back in the Sage days with Looney calling plays, we ran a lot of that formation and it seemed to work well. What's your thoughts here? Thanks!

JJIII

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 24, 2017
Hello Jay...have you had any indication that the offense might use a 2-back set more often? I would like to see our top 2 RB in the game at the same time, but realize that takes one more blocker out of the 11. Back in the Sage days with Looney calling plays, we ran a lot of that formation and it seemed to work well. What's your thoughts here? Thanks!
I think you will see some wrinkles that have a 2 back feature. Two backs can be great when your offensive line is solid and can handle the extra defenders in the box, but that has not been the case.

Instead, you will see two and three tight ends because of the versatility and the fact that there are mismatches created by those players.

Reactions: cyhiphopp

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I think you will see some wrinkles that have a 2 back feature. Two backs can be great when your offensive line is solid and can handle the extra defenders in the box, but that has not been the case.

Instead, you will see two and three tight ends because of the versatility and the fact that there are mismatches created by those players.

I want a game where ISU just needs to pick up a few first downs, and they do it with 3 TEs and Purdy can basically tell the D where the ball is going.

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
Having really strong baseball skills helps too like R. Wilson.
This is completely irrelevant to your comment and to the thread, but it annoys me how it's been made to appear in marketing campaigns that Wilson was a baseball stud and chose football. It takes a great player to make it to AA, just like it takes a great player to be all-conference in the FBS, but he couldn't hit worth a damn and that's why he went back to school to throw the pigskin. The Majors weren't in his future, but his advertisers would have you believe that.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
This is completely irrelevant to your comment and to the thread, but it annoys me how it's been made to appear in marketing campaigns that Wilson was a baseball stud and chose football. It takes a great player to make it to AA, just like it takes a great player to be all-conference in the FBS, but he couldn't hit worth a damn and that's why he went back to school to throw the pigskin. The Majors weren't in his future, but his advertisers would have you believe that.
He was the #1 pick....

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
Yep and it sounds like they haven't improved much in this manner. Rhule had to kick some players out of a practice last week because, "things were getting too chippy".

“Today there was a little bit of chippiness, a little bit of a lack of discipline,” Rhule said. “I threw some guys out of practice today. You want guys who are chippy. But we really have to be a disciplined football team to get where we want to get.”

https://www.wacotrib.com/sports/bay...cle_4f0c689f-a861-56ea-943a-4878de08b4e2.html

I imagine it's a frustrating experience to be a Baylor Bear in a less rape-friendly environment than previous. Gotta get that rape energy out somehow.

• Dislike
  • Funny
Reactions: cynile and Aclone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
In the MLB draft Murray was #9 overall. Someone on ESPN said he was #1 overall in both drafts. Someone said he was a terrible hitter. I doubt it at that place in the draft.
In 2017 he batted .122 at OU. In 2018 he batted .296. So you might say at first in college he was a terrible hitter, but he might say:
tenor.gif

Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
In the MLB draft Murray was #9 overall. Someone on ESPN said he was #1 overall in both drafts. Someone said he was a terrible hitter. I doubt it at that place in the draft.the
Yes, but the poster you replied to was referring to Wilson. At least, that’s the name used in the post.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron