Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I mean I'm not necessarily saying Steve Prohm as much as I'm crediting the Iowa State basketball program as a whole. Steve Prohm just took over for Fred and didn't skip a beat. Fred and Prohm have put quite a few players into the league while McCaffery has pretty much had zero.

Fran has done an amazing job at building friendships that will last a life time and that's about it...

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins and JP4CY

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Tell us stories about guys from Francis' team that have gotten drafted. The book would look like this:
Organisationsbuch_Sta_4.jpg
@BLHawk under what premise are you disagreeing with this post? This should be rich.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
:rolleyes: Another unwarranted morality audit incoming.

Nah, just acknowledging truths. I suppose I would continue to try to pretend it didn’t happen too

I was even being fair and not linking you with the other disgusting pieces of garbage at Michigan State and Penn State in your own conference

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Fran has done an amazing job at building friendships that will last a life time and that's about it...
The guy said Iowa State hasn't put in big men to the NBA. I mentioned Royce and Georges and he said Royce doesn't count because he didn't play many games (mental health not talent issues), and then he said Georges wasn't a big man...

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Nah, just acknowledging truths. I suppose I would continue to try to pretend it didn’t happen too

I was even being fair and not linking you with the other disgusting pieces of garbage at Michigan State and Penn State in your own conference
The guy said Iowa State hasn't put in big men to the NBA. I mentioned Royce and Georges and he said Royce doesn't count because he didn't play many games (mental health not talent issues), and then he said Georges wasn't a big man...
Well, he wasn't as big when he graduated as he was when he arrived on campus. ;)

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
Arent all the Murray guys that Prohm got to the NBA guards also?

I wouldnt have even thought to bring up Royce if you didnt try and use his 3 game NBA career as evidence that Prohm and ISU is the best bet to get a 7 footer to the league.

This seems to imply that there is a specific way for a 7 footer to get into the NBA. You must not watch much NBA then, because the game is going away from big men that just hang around the basket. The best bet for anyone to get into the NBA is to be a versatile player that can do many things. I think ISU runs a better system to diversify his skill set and give him opportunities to showcase himself for the NBA versus Fran making him into Woodbury 2.0 as a "big man" in the college game.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
This seems to imply that there is a specific way for a 7 footer to get into the NBA. You must not watch much NBA then, because the game is going away from big men that just hang around the basket. The best bet for anyone to get into the NBA is to be a versatile player that can do many things. I think ISU runs a better system to diversify his skill set and give him opportunities to showcase himself for the NBA versus Fran making him into Woodbury 2.0 as a "big man" in the college game.
He's also going to get much more national recognition at Iowa State, which I assume is very important to him.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I have no idea where he is going for college but if its not ISU, the meltdown on this board may be one for the ages.
Oh, people will be disappointed for sure. However, I disagree with the level to which you allude. Unlike Iowa, our roster is not built with (dare I say dependent upon?) a large number of native Iowans. Fran, on the other hand, needs that group to "stay in business" as a coach. The loss of Barnes produced a justified meltdown due to these (among other) characteristics: he was a legacy recruit, his proximity to the program, he was an Ames native who was one of the top recruits in the nation. Tamin Lipsey may likely be another such recruit for us. If he were to choose Nebby instead of the Cyclones, the Barnes meltdown would look like a brush fire in comparison to this, imho. Again, in regards to XF, I would be disappointed in not getting him, but it would NOT produce a "meltdown."

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
If he goes to Iowa a lot of people here will be perplexed but any other school I don’t think there will be much of a meltdown. Similar to Gunnerson in football. Everyone seemed to move on right after he announced.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Royce White played 3 games in the NBA.

I went back and forth on Niang. I didnt really consider him a big man at ISU and certainly dont in the NBA.
He's a big man (has incredible, crafty moves around the basket - just ask Nerlens Noel), but has stuck in the NBA because he is "multiple!" : skills which the ISU coaching staff continually honed from the moment he got on campus! He became our "closer" in close ball games due to the fact that he could get a basket from the guard position, or a baby hook or up-n-under move around the rim. That is a big man game that translates to the NBA. If XF wants to really DEVELOP to make it to the NBA, ISU would be the best in-state school for him. It is what IOWA FANS told me about their FB program (before Campbell, that is) in regards to why a recruit would be wiser to commit to the Hawks. When they said this, I couldn't really disagree - based on the RESULTS. If you want to DENY that ISU has done a good job (and MUCH better job than Iowa) of developing hoop players into NBA-level talents, you are full of more arrogance (and denial) than I originally thought.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Every ISU fan I've talked to 100% believes Foster is going to ISU. Like it is a done deal. I also don't know where he is going, but the ISU fans are sure confident.

Let's see here.

1. Dates ISU cheerleader
2. Cheerleader's parent's live in Ames
3. I can count on two hands the number of times I have seen him around Ames as I live in Ames.

I'm not saying it's a done deal, but like most, I believe ISU's chances of landing him are better than Mad Fran. How long before Fran physically assaults a player? He's already run down a couple of refs, tried to get the Dolphin fired, and everyone sees his lack of controlling his own emotion on the sidelines. Put yourself in his shoes right now, where would you go?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Let's see here.

1. Dates ISU cheerleader
2. Cheerleader's parent's live in Ames
3. I can count on two hands the number of times I have seen him around Ames as I live in Ames.

I'm not saying it's a done deal, but like most, I believe ISU's chances of landing him are better than Mad Fran. How long before Fran physically assaults a player? He's already run down a couple of refs, tried to get the Dolphin fired, and everyone sees his lack of controlling his own emotion on the sidelines. Put yourself in his shoes right now, where would you go?
He also called a referee a cheater in a game where his team lost by 30.. Deranged man.

Help Support Us

Become a patron