Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
This I can agree with. The random crystal balls to Iowa and media members writing up tons of pieces about him last year and continuing into this year is going to make a lot of Iowa fans upset if he doesn't choose them.

Chad and Jon have really set hawk fans up for severe disappointment. Unless Foster becomes super best friends with Connor and the gang or he has DNA tests come back that shows he's related to Fran the chances of him playing for Iowa are really really slim...

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Foster would be a good get, but this isn't Barnes or Vaughn.

Not sure he is Niang or Morris either.

And while we are at it. Any recruit coming in would be hard pressed to have the impact and trajectory Haliburton has started with.

Would love to have him on several levels but this program is beyond hanging everything on one recruit.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Not sure he is Niang or Morris either.

And while we are at it. Any recruit coming in would be hard pressed to have the impact and trajectory Haliburton has started with.

Would love to have him on several levels but this program is beyond hanging everything on one recruit.

With the right guys around him Foster's athleticism alone will make him shine. He's not a take over a game type but he would be a huge get with the pieces we have in place. The 2020 class could set up to be absolutely massive.

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
The game is the game junior.

But the ridiculous unwarranted arrogance of Iowa fans are what make you such an unpopular fan base.

running baylor type interference on a girl that got raped, twice, and you all being ho hum about it, shows how untrue your words are.
:rolleyes: Another unwarranted morality audit incoming.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
His grandpa played basketball for Iowa, his uncle played football for Iowa and his mom's side of the family is full of Iowa alums.

He grew up an Iowa fan.

This is an article from when Iowa offered when he was a freshman in HS with a quote from the director of his AAU program.

“His grandfather and his mom’s brother in law played at Iowa. So, they’re big fans of Iowa. When I asked Xavier what school he wanted to go to the first thing he said was Iowa,” Greer said.

https://www.hawkeyenation.com/basketball/oskaloosa-freshman-xavier-foster-followed-plan-iowa-offer

If that's the case and he didn't commit like so many other kids who grew up braindead hawk fans, I'd say that's a pretty good indication he knows he has much better options elsewhere.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
His grandpa played basketball for Iowa, his uncle played football for Iowa and his mom's side of the family is full of Iowa alums.

He grew up an Iowa fan.

This is an article from when Iowa offered when he was a freshman in HS with a quote from the director of his AAU program.

“His grandfather and his mom’s brother in law played at Iowa. So, they’re big fans of Iowa. When I asked Xavier what school he wanted to go to the first thing he said was Iowa,” Greer said.

https://www.hawkeyenation.com/basketball/oskaloosa-freshman-xavier-foster-followed-plan-iowa-offer
I guess I was wrong on the growing up a Hawk fan part.. However I do know now that he's much more intrigued with Iowa State than Iowa at this time. When you grow up and know you're an elite player you're going to start looking at what program is going to do a better job at making you into the best player you can be to make the NBA, and I think we're all in agreement on who the best program in the state for that would be.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
If that's the case and he didn't commit like so many other kids who grew up braindead hawk fans, I'd say that's a pretty good indication he knows he has much better options elsewhere.
Harrison Barnes had ISU roots, lived in Ames, and knew all of the players on the team really well. But when it came down to it he didn't want to play for a struggling coach in a struggling program.

It's not the exact same situation, but I imagine Foster sees the situation similarly.

BLHawk

Jun 25, 2019
I guess I was wrong on the growing up a Hawk fan part.. However I do know now that he's much more intrigued with Iowa State than Iowa at this time. When you grow up and know you're an elite player you're going to start looking at what program is going to do a better job at making you into the best player you can be to make the NBA, and I think we're all in agreement on who the best program in the state for that would be.

If we were talking about a guard or small forward, this would be a no brainer.

No instate program has had any success putting big men in the NBA though.

• Dumb
Reactions: ccruzen

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
If we were talking about a guard or small forward, this would be a no brainer.

No instate program has had any success putting big men in the NBA though.
Ah yes I completely forgot that Georges Niang and Royce White were guards.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Harrison Barnes had ISU roots, lived in Ames, and knew all of the players on the team really well. But when it came down to it he didn't want to play for a struggling coach in a struggling program.

It's not the exact same situation, but I imagine Foster sees the situation similarly.

If Foster gets an offer from the Duke's, UNC's and Kansas', then there is no way he stays in state. I think he is still waiting to see if better offers start showing up.

Also, Barnes was going to UNC no matter what state the ISU program was in.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Every ISU fan I've talked to 100% believes Foster is going to ISU. Like it is a done deal. I also don't know where he is going, but the ISU fans are sure confident.
Talking like as in a message board or are you talking in person?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Royce White played 3 games in the NBA.

I went back and forth on Niang. I didnt really consider him a big man at ISU and certainly dont in the NBA.
Royce White was a top 20 pick in the draft and had he gotten through his mental issues, could've translated very well to the NBA. Him having issues doesn't take away him going to the NBA. Georges was a 6'9" stretch 4 who played on the block his entire college career, who could also shoot the three very well. His ability to handle the ball and also drive does not make him a guard.

Reactions: Humanjukebox