***Official Y Cap City Thread***

ProhmDate

Aug 29, 2015
Ames
I’ve been most impressed with Tre Jackson, Marcedus Leech and Rasir Bolton so far.

I don’t know how much Tre and Marcedus will get to play as freshman but I’m really excited to see if they get the chance. I think they are two of our best shooters on the roster. I’d probably go Haliburton, Tre and Leech as the best 3 point shooters.

We completely agree with the Tre, Marcedus and Rasir observation, but from our chair Rasir appeared to be the most impressive athlete and player we've seen in these CCL games. If Bolton plays this season, the Cyclones should have a solid tournament team!

• Agree
Reactions: Peter

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Starting to think this rotation could be a lot better than people originally anticipated after all the departures from last year.

Haliburton
Bolton
Lewis
Jacobsen
Conditt

Young
Nixon
Griffin
Leech/Jackson

*Yes, I'm heavy on the Lewis camp. If he takes a huge leap we have a chance to be pretty damn good.

Last edited:

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Starting to think this rotation could be really nice:

Haliburton
Bolton
Lewis
Jacobsen
Conditt

Young
Nixon
Griffin
Leech/Jackson

*Yes, I'm heavy on the Lewis camp. If he takes a huge leap we have a chance to be pretty damn good.

Prohm loves his three guard lineups. I would expect Halliburton, Bolton, and Nixon to start with Tre Jackson and Leech rotating in. Lewis/Griffin will fight it out for the wing and Conditt, Jacobson, and Young rotate at the five.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Starting to think this rotation could be a lot better than people originally anticipated after all the departures from last year.

Haliburton
Bolton
Lewis
Jacobsen
Conditt

Young
Nixon
Griffin
Leech/Jackson

Nixon will start unless Lewis makes a significant jump in a lot of areas. I think Lewis can get better and will see the floor but I don't know if he's going to be to the point where he'd start over Nixon.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Haliburton
Bolton
Lewis
Jacobsen
Conditt

Young
Nixon
Griffin
Leech/Jackson

The odds Lewis starts over a healthy Nixon is 0%

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
The odds Lewis starts over a healthy Nixon is 0%

We will see. Lewis may pass the eye test more than any other player on the roster. Truly has an NBA body and pure stroke. I know that means s*** but I think the light could go off for him if he gets more consistent playing time. Also love the steady presence and experience of Young and Nixon first off the bench.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
We will see. Lewis may pass the eye test more than any other player on the roster. Truly has an NBA body and pure stroke. I know that means s*** but I think the light could go off for him if he gets more consistent playing time. Also love the steady presence and experience of Young and Nixon first off the bench.

Saying Nixon will start over Lewis isn't an opinion it's a fact. Trust me on this one

Artic Zone

Jul 12, 2017
96CE5BCF-F3CD-4808-B989-5EA642AD1816.png

Bubba Hubba

Dec 19, 2007
Man Tre J shoot is quick and pure..kid has skills and is very quick with the ball..Def need Bolton to be eligible..would feel really good going into season with Hali, Bolton, Nixon and Tre in the back court..

Last year we watched Haliburton in the summer league and wondered if *maybe* he could contribute as a freshman. We know how that turned out. Tre seems to be that guy this year.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Sure Lewis looks the part, but so far he has not yet proven he can play significant minutes in conference play, which could be because of a variety of reasons. Either way, Nixon will most likely be the starter day one unless he's not healthy.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Haliburton, Bolton, Nixon is your starting backcourt? That is pretty damn small. I hope they go big at 4, 5 with Jacobsen and Conditt because they will need to rebound their ass off.
We had a pretty long starting 5 last year and couldn't rebound worth a crap. To an extent, size doesn't mean you're a great rebounder. Being smart with your positioning, having good fundamentals, and wanting to get the rebound more than the other guy is what constitutes a great rebounder.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
We had a pretty long starting 5 last year and couldn't rebound worth a crap. To an extent, size doesn't mean you're a great rebounder. Being smart with your positioning, having good fundamentals, and wanting to get the rebound more than the other guy is what constitutes a great rebounder.

We had THT who was a 3 guard playing the 4 and Jacobsen who is a 4 playing the 5. We aren't going to become a better rebounding team by rolling out an even smaller roster. We just aren't.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
We had THT who was a 3 guard playing the 4 and Jacobsen who is a 4 playing the 5. We aren't going to become a better rebounding team by rolling out an even smaller roster. We just aren't.
I'd say that there were a few guys on the roster last year who did quite a bit of standing around and watching instead of boxing out.. Not going to name any names. Adding Solo certainly helps the cause. MJ did a pretty good job and the increased playing time Conditt will help as well. I also think Griffin can bring the intensity that we saw from Hogue, who was a terrific rebounder.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron