***Official Y Cap City Thread***

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Man Tre J shoot is quick and pure..kid has skills and is very quick with the ball..Def need Bolton to be eligible..would feel really good going into season with Hali, Bolton, Nixon and Tre in the back court..

Conditt upside is huge..

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Conditt looked really good with the ball. He appears much more fluid than last year. He also looks like he has filled out some. He could be a really good player this season.

I like how Jackson plays, very down hill but under control. He looks like a potential steal. Shooting seems to come very easy for him

It is great to see Zion healthy and shooting it well It will be interesting to see if he can earn some minutes this year

I really like our young talent it will be fun to see who can step up and play at a high level early.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Conditt looked really good with the ball. He appears much more fluid than last year. He also looks like he has filled out some. He could be a really good player this season.

I like how Jackson plays, very down hill but under control. He looks like a potential steal. Shooting seems to come very easy for him

It is great to see Zion healthy and shooting it well It will be interesting to see if he can earn some minutes this year

I really like our young talent it will be fun to see who can step up and play at a high level early.

If Zion can take that step, he could be our stretch 4 along with Jacobson, leaving most of the minutes at the 5 to Conditt/Young. Rotate Nixon/Haliburton/Bolton/Lewis/Jackson/Grill/Leech at the 1-3 (obviously that's more than Prohm will run through there, but if Bolton isn't eligible, it's not the end of the world with that list). We'll just need some young guys to step up.

Last edited:

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
So George can shoot 3s from all over now? That's nice.

Wonder how much we will run sets with him 30 feet from the basket? Good to know he can do it, but the stuff I want to see from him doesn't happen at a CCL game, namely rugged play under the basket.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Anyone have stats from the games they can post? I can't read twitter posts on my work computer :(
D-WnW_EXYAALG9W.jpg:large

D-WUT5XXsAAPwvg.jpg:large

D-WC_ViWsAAz9c7.jpg:large

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
So we will be pleasantly surprised the NCAA, 'threw us a bone'. I hope it comes to pass, but I'm not expecting them to act rationally.[/QUOTE}

While I tend to agree that the waiver isn't a slam dunk, I am still trying to stay positive on the situation. Trying to move away from the fan that wears a nut cup all the time.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
I’ve been most impressed with Tre Jackson, Marcedus Leech and Rasir Bolton so far.

I don’t know how much Tre and Marcedus will get to play as freshman but I’m really excited to see if they get the chance. I think they are two of our best shooters on the roster. I’d probably go Haliburton, Tre and Leech as the best 3 point shooters.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
What will decide who sees the floor is how well they play defense..I can see Leech struggling with this as a frosh wing...Tre seems to be more grounded defensively based on his highlight tapes from HS and AAU..

As for Bolton waiver...geez man talk about thumping this thread in a heartbeat..I get it but maybe phrase it a little differently.

• Agree
Reactions: isuno1fan

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
I’ve been most impressed with Tre Jackson, Marcedus Leech and Rasir Bolton so far.

I don’t know how much Tre and Marcedus will get to play as freshman but I’m really excited to see if they get the chance. I think they are two of our best shooters on the roster. I’d probably go Haliburton, Tre and Leech as the best 3 point shooters.

Is Leech as skinny as he looks in pictures? I worry about the physicality of big 12 ball with him

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I would advise folks to prepare for the news Bolton WILL NOT get a waiver.

Do you have any kind of info on this, or do you just want Cyclone fans to get prepared to get another kick to the groin because that's what usually happens?

I will go on record right now that without Bolton we don't make the NCAA Tourney next season. I just feel like we've lost too much, and so far I'm not as impressed with who we are replacing them with.

I love Tre Jackson from what I've seen, however, I think guys like Leech and Grill may not give us much their first year, and thus far Nixon's shooting hasn't been real great in the CCL, which I understand is the CCL, but you'd think shooting is shooting no matter where you are. In fact, in the CCL you will be getting a ton more open looks than you will in the Big 12.

Anyway, my point is we desperately NEED Bolton this season to get to postseason.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
What will decide who sees the floor is how well they play defense..I can see Leech struggling with this as a frosh wing...Tre seems to be more grounded defensively based on his highlight tapes from HS and AAU..

As for Bolton waiver...geez man talk about thumping this thread in a heartbeat..I get it but maybe phrase it a little differently.

We probably won't get a waiver on Bolton, but Oliver Martin will get one at Iowa. That's just how things usually work out for ISU. If that happens I'll be ticked.

Bolton's coach at PSU was suspended for his actions towards his players, and all Martin has is that his OC left. I'm sorry, but if you start to let players leave because one of the assistant coaches leaves, then tons and tons of kids will be able to take advantage of that.

• Dislike
Reactions: Aclone