Favorite Fan Interaction with Coach/Player

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
A friend of mine was walking across central campus one night back in the day and there's Kenny Pratt sitting on a cooler drinking a High Life with a couple of friends. Kenny looks at him and goes "hey man you want a beer?" Friends says sure and KP tosses him a can.

Reactions: isutrevman

nwiafan

Dec 22, 2008
Hawarden
My brother and I used to play pool at a house off of Welch regularly with Mike Nurse and Jamal Tinsley and every night Fizer would walk in the party, find out what girls Nurse and Tinsley were talking to and take them home. Tinsley would get so pissed, but it just became a regular thing.

J-Diggy

Nov 30, 2007
My brother and I used to play pool at a house off of Welch regularly with Mike Nurse and Jamal Tinsley and every night Fizer would walk in the party, find out what girls Nurse and Tinsley were talking to and take them home. Tinsley would get so pissed, but it just became a regular thing.

I've heard that one before.... :rolleyes:

J-Diggy

Nov 30, 2007
I used to manage a restaurant in Des Moines. Willoughby, Cato, etc would come in sometimes. My wife was pregnant at the time and I told Dedric a couple times that if it was a girl I was going to name it "Dedrica".

Fast forward a few weeks until the ISU seniors are doing a seniors tour charity game in Urbandale. Walk in with the three week old baby and go up to Dedric. Before I say anything he says "You didn't really do it, did you?!?!

Both had a good laugh and got pictures of my son with both Dedric and Kenny Pratt. He has literally been a Cyclone fan for life.

• Funny
Reactions: CycloneVet

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Two years ago during the football season, I had an early Sunday morning flight out of DSM after a home game. As I sat in the gate area, this old guy came marching up to the counter. He boarded early with the senior citizens. When I boarded, the line stopped in the aisle because he had spilled his coffee on a seat. Of course, it was my seat and he was sitting next to me (with his wife on the other side). I thought, "Oh great, this is going to be miserable."

After I sat down, he commented on my Iowa State jacket and asked if I was at the game Saturday. When I said yes, he told me that "Me and my boys got honored in the end zone yesterday!" It was Johnny Majors and his wife!

At that point, I didn't care about anything but the privilege of sitting next to him. After a few more minutes, he started griping about the hotel giving him a DM Register newspaper with no sports section. So, I asked him if he would like to see an online version on my laptop. He did, so I logged in. As he would read an article about the game, he would grunt and point when he wanted me to scroll up or down. So, for 15 minutes, I push buttons and click on whatever he wants. Again, it was such a privilege to be able to do something minor, but meaningful for a legend like him.

After the flight, I asked him if he wanted me to send him a hard copy of the Sports section. He did, so I sent him DM Registers and Ames Tribunes for the entire weekend.

Lastly, his wife was fantastic. Johnny was a bit cranky, but she would just put him in his place when necessary with a wonderful Southern accent. "Oh come on Johnny."

Real42Pratt

Aug 27, 2019
It’s all good I’m here now you can ask me any thing you guys like!! Got tired of seeing the ignorance over the years on me!! People love making stories up! Lol!! So let’s get it cracking! I’m in this BI**h

• Winner
Reactions: isutrevman

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
It’s all good I’m here now you can ask me any thing you guys like!! Got tired of seeing the ignorance over the years on me!! People love making stories up! Lol!! So let’s get it cracking! I’m in this BI**h
This is awesome. Your favorite story from the locker room in Hilton no one knows. Go!

ISUEmbassy

Jun 13, 2014
Went to ISU Baylor game in Waco a 5 or 6 years ago and sat right by a guy who was super friendly. Was Andrew Parker, a bball great from the 70s. Before my time, but I had heard of him. We talked the entire game and ended up trading #'s. He called me several times over next six months just to shoot the sh*t about ISU sports!

Attachments

• IMG_1128.JPG
    IMG_1128.JPG
    384.8 KB · Views: 10

Walden4Prez

Jul 8, 2014
Fennelly, staff and the entire Women's basketball team are top notch. I have posted here before on this topic, but my daughter has gone to a couple Cyclone Basketball camps. They are run by the team and staff, and Bill is there the entire time. The camps are top notch events and the time spent with the girls for pictures, autographs etc is great.

The first year she went to camp was Campbell's first year. I was standing there watching the camp when in walked Campbell. He and Bill were over to the side laughing it up and hanging out. I took the chance to walk over and shake both of their hands. We talked about my years at Iowa State, some of which were with Walden and of course Johnny Orr. It was maybe 5mins, but the guys were friendly and seemed truly engaged and happy to be speaking to a fan/alum.