Give me your most unpopular take about Iowa State

benman82

Nov 17, 2009
Calling isu the cyclowns is better word play than anything we call iowa. Suckeyes is a pretty weak jab.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Calling isu the cyclowns is better word play than anything we call iowa. Suckeyes is a pretty weak jab.
Not better than hawkroach. But the word play is reinforced by our similar colors making Ronald McDonald as a Cyclones fan a pretty legit burn.

Also, I'd presume that Michigan fans would be confused by an ISU fan directing suckeyes at Iowa. The Suckeyes are obviously the team from Columbus.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
They're called port-a-potties. They're not called kybo's.

KYBOs are completely different than port-a-potties. If you've been brave enough to crap in a KYBO, and survived, you would know.

This is a picture of a relatively nice KYBO. The quality goes way down in almost all other cases

images-3.jpg

benman82

Nov 17, 2009
Melvin was an All American and Big 12 POY. Scholar athlete of the year in the Big 12. Made at least honorable mention Big 12 all four years. 4th player ever with 1500 pts and 1000 rebounds. 2nd all time in rebounds. And yes, he was the best player on the team his senior year. He was the best player in the Big 12. I think that's why the AP and Coaches chose him as POY??????

It's really a no brainer.

Ejim, Niang and Morris should all go up.

Ejim also still (tied with Tre Young) has the big 12 single game scoring record with 48 against TCU.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
This is an awful take and you should be ashamed of it. Or field wins award for best natural grass field in college football, and the grounds crew is one of the best in the country.
Is this guy for real? I can't tell if my sarcasm meter is broken.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Kudos to the OP as I've been wanting to type this out loud for years.

There is no better song to suck the excitement/energy out of a stadium then The Bells of Iowa State. I want to shoot myself every time I hear it.

What the **** is wrong with you

Reactions: SolarGarlic

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
But if we fired him then, we don't get Campbell. So I'm ok with how that turned out.

2013....I don't know if that was really the time anyway since ISU was at least .500 in 2012. It was and is easy to say he should have been let go earlier, but really it makes sense that 2015 was the last stance and the KSU game sealed the deal.

Who would have been available after the 2013 or 2014 seasons anyway? Mack Brown?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
You guys asked for unpopular: If I had to choose a college again coming out of high school, it wouldn't be Iowa State. Too much small-town culture.

That said, I'm OK with it and love being an ISU alum.

This would require going to school out of state since every school in Iowa is that and the whole state is small town culture including the 'metro' areas.

That's not a bad thing, just what you get no matter where you are.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
This is an awful take and you should be ashamed of it. Or field wins award for best natural grass field in college football, and the grounds crew is one of the best in the country.

I think i finally found my 'hot take'.

The "ISU has won awards for our grass field" take is one of the stupidest takes this fanbase has. So many schools moved away from grass over the years that this award is meaningless.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron