Iowa United

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Lol oh god.....I'll just say this...relationships are important. We're in a much better position going forward than we were a year ago. Lesson we had to learn the hard, embarrassing way.

Have to give you kudos for sticking with your team and taking responsibility. Wish you the best this summer.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
What, so there are people that actually think Megan will be able to hold her own in this tournament? Lol. It’s as if some have never seen a basketball game in their lives.

• Agree
Reactions: CyPunch and CyTwins

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Let me know a time and place that you want to play her 1 on 1 and I will make it happen.
I played games against the women's team when I was at Iowa State. I am a HORRIBLE excuse for a basketball player and not exactly a great athlete. I could school every single one of the women's players.

Virtually any sport pitting men against women is going to lead to the men winning with ease.

hoopitup

Feb 8, 2012
West Des Moines
I played games against the women's team when I was at Iowa State. I am a HORRIBLE excuse for a basketball player and not exactly a great athlete. I could school every single one of the women's players.

Virtually any sport pitting men against women is going to lead to the men winning with ease.

Well it’s a good thing that this is not an all women’s team otherwise they would be one-and-done, huh Chief?

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Lol oh god.....I'll just say this...relationships are important. We're in a much better position going forward than we were a year ago. Lesson we had to learn the hard, embarrassing way.
Not your fault half the team bailed right before the first game. Hoping you guys have better luck this year. It definitely seems like the players signed up are more "all in" this year.

benman82

Nov 17, 2009
She shot 70.8% for the season with a very high usage rate. Most of those were in the paint for sure, but she can hit jump shots. I would not be surprised if she's open from defenders sagging against her or in a pick and pop.

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
She shot 70.8% for the season with a very high usage rate. Most of those were in the paint for sure, but she can hit jump shots. I would not be surprised if she's open from defenders sagging against her or in a pick and pop.

I am not sure how effective she would be in this. First - they will be playing with the bigger men's ball that will decrease her shooting percentage. Also if I was advising her I would tell her to not practice with the men's ball on the chance she gets a call for a tryout with a WNBA team. She would not want to be at a disadvantage in the case she would get called. Second - she stated that one of the reasons she was cut was that her perimeter game was not up to where they wanted it.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
It’s just a gimmick.

She is a good player but her stats were highly inflated due to quality of her opponent and her size. If she is that good, I am sure she would have been picked up by a WNBA team.

Also I haven’t heard her signing with overseas team during the WNBA offseason. That’s quite unusual considering her pedigree

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
It’s just a gimmick.

She is a good player but her stats were highly inflated due to quality of her opponent and her size. If she is that good, I am sure she would have been picked up by a WNBA team.

Also I haven’t heard her signing with overseas team during the WNBA offseason. That’s quite unusual considering her pedigree

Can't say her stats were inflated. She had the same competition as everyone else, but she performed better than everyone else.

Cyclones125

May 3, 2016
This is a joke. I highly doubt the guys are going to be ok with her getting minutes in a competitive game with 2 million dollars on the line. If they're on board then they must've discussed that it was just a PR stunt and she will only get minutes if its a blowout.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron