Iowa United

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
She’s crafty and u r underestimating her. I get your point about pros especially as you get closer to the final 4. Have you seen some of the dudes that roll out there and play? She will be just fine.
Well let's hope so. She is a 6'-3" center.

hoopitup

Feb 8, 2012
West Des Moines
Who is she better than on the team?

At the risk of having this drag on, I’ll just ask if u have seen her play? She’s very skilled. I didn’t say she was going to play even 20 minutes a game. But to assume she won’t contribute at all and that she will be overmatched every time she is on the floor, probably isn’t true.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
At the risk of having this drag on, I’ll just ask if u have seen her play? She’s very skilled. I didn’t say she was going to play even 20 minutes a game. But to assume she won’t contribute at all and that she will be overmatched every time she is on the floor, probably isn’t true.
I don't watch Iowa women's basketball, but I've seen highlights of hers. She is a 6'3" center that plays mostly in the paint. She is less athletic than freshman Georges Niang. At that height, it doesn't matter how skilled she is. Any guard or wing that she is guarding will blow by her, any post player she is guarding will eat her up.

She might be able to get a hook shot off against a smaller player, that's about it on offense. She isn't going to be able to overpower people like she did in college. The highlights I watched she didn't take a jump shot, so I don't know what it looks like, but I imagine it would be heavily contested if not blocked.

Cbbjunkie

Mar 7, 2019
I don't watch Iowa women's basketball, but I've seen highlights of hers. She is a 6'3" center that plays mostly in the paint. She is less athletic than freshman Georges Niang. At that height, it doesn't matter how skilled she is. Any guard or wing that she is guarding will blow by her, any post player she is guarding will eat her up.

She might be able to get a hook shot off against a smaller player, that's about it on offense. She isn't going to be able to overpower people like she did in college. The highlights I watched she didn't take a jump shot, so I don't know what it looks like, but I imagine it would be heavily contested if not blocked.
Let me know a time and place that you want to play her 1 on 1 and I will make it happen.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Let me know a time and place that you want to play her 1 on 1 and I will make it happen.

lol.

16240.jpg

hoopitup

Feb 8, 2012
West Des Moines
Some of you guys are taking $hit way too far. Shocking that would happen in CF. I never said she would dominate, I never said she wouldn’t be overmatched and I never said she was going to get significant playing time either. What I am saying is she is a skilled player. I’m also saying that some of these teams don’t have the best players or the best-conditioned players. And when u get deep against an Overseas Elite-type team, yes it will be more challenging for her. But to go to the extreme of “she’s overmatched...:won’t score....etc...” is not accurate. This tournament, especially early on, is glorified pick-up ball.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Some of you guys are taking $hit way too far. Shocking that would happen in CF. I never said she would dominate, I never said she wouldn’t be overmatched and I never said she was going to get significant playing time either. What I am saying is she is a skilled player. I’m also saying that some of these teams don’t have the best players or the best-conditioned players. And when u get deep against an Overseas Elite-type team, yes it will be more challenging for her. But to go to the extreme of “she’s overmatched...:won’t score....etc...” is not accurate. This tournament, especially early on, is glorified pick-up ball.

Teams that play "glorified pick-up ball" don't make it past their first games. Don't we know it!

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

I can’t get on board with this because one time our U-16 soccer team (so 15 yo and just turned 16 yo) scrimmaged a D1 women’s soccer team for their pre season and we beat them 13-0 and it could have been worse but by the end we were just trying to get their phone number and trying to get them to party with us after the game.

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011

Can you tell me who in our region is playing "glorified pick up ball"?

My guess is we get matched up with Kansas who has releford, landen Lucas, young, and elijah Johnson. I'd hardly call those guys out of shape pick up players.
A couple of years ago playing that hoopeville Warriors or whoever they were in Peoria? Yeah those guys were garbage. It's just not that way anymore.
I mean wichita it's going to be us, Kansas, Kansas state, Wichita state, Marquette, Colorado, and Baylor I know is trying to get something together late.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Can you tell me who in our region is playing "glorified pick up ball"?

My guess is we get matched up with Kansas who has releford, landen Lucas, young, and elijah Johnson. I'd hardly call those guys out of shape pick up players.
A couple of years ago playing that hoopeville Warriors or whoever they were in Peoria? Yeah those guys were garbage. It's just not that way anymore.
I mean wichita it's going to be us, Kansas, Kansas state, Wichita state, Marquette, Colorado, and Baylor I know is trying to get something together late.

I was just thinking the same thing, but with Megan in mind. Here is the Kansas team. Who is Megan going to cover on defense and beat on offense?

SELF MADE (KANSAS ALUMNI)

ELIJAH JOHNSON
View Profile
  • Alma Mater: Kansas
  • Height: 6’4”
  • Position: GM/Point Guard
  • Winning Share: $100,000
  • Twitter: ElijahJohnson15

PERRY ELLIS
View Profile
  • Height: 6’8”
  • Position: Power Forward
  • Twitter: PElliz34

MARIO LITTLE
View Profile
  • Height: 6’5”
  • Position: Small Forward
  • Twitter: @riochitown23

LANDEN LUCAS
View Profile
  • Alma Mater:
  • Height: 6’10”
  • Position: Center
  • Twitter: LandenLucas

TRAVIS RELEFORD
View Profile
  • Height: 6’6”
  • Position: Shooting Guard
  • Twitter: T_2releFOUR

TYSHAWN TAYLOR
View Profile
  • Height: 6’3”
  • Position: Shooting Guard
  • Twitter: @tyshawntaylor

KEVIN YOUNG
View Profile
  • Height: 6’8”
  • Position: Power Forward
  • Twitter: KevinYoung40

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
Just keep in mind not everybody is going to get a ton of minutes. These games are a little bit shorter as it is. So don't get me wrong we are going to get her some time but we're going to make sure we put her in good positions where she is comfortable and its advantageous.
Will It be 3 minutes? Will it be 10 minutes? I don't know. Theres a bigger picture here we are trying to create, theres some opportunities for her just checking into the game.

• Funny
Reactions: CyDude16

Help Support Us

Become a patron