Iowa United

Cycloneman24

May 15, 2018
Looks like there is going to be a team with a mixture of Iowa State, Drake, UNI, and Iowa players in the TBT this year. I take it Hilton Legends are not putting a team together this year for the tournament since we got bounced in the first game last year?

So far the roster includes:
Tyrus McGee
Wes Washpun
Nick Baer (ehhhh)
Reed Timmer
Josh Young

They will have to add some wings and big guys but are set to make an addition each day the rest of the week.

• Disagree
Reactions: JP4CY

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
Yep we are still working. We hope you like the roster. 1 more prominent cyclone to go. :)

Mentioned this before but our 9 man roster scored over 12000 college points. That's a lot of firepower.

3 of our last 4 announcements are post players

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Looks like there is going to be a team with a mixture of Iowa State, Drake, UNI, and Iowa players in the TBT this year. I take it Hilton Legends are not putting a team together this year for the tournament since we got bounced in the first game last year?

So far the roster includes:
Tyrus McGee
Wes Washpun
Nick Baer (ehhhh)
Reed Timmer
Josh Young

They will have to add some wings and big guys but are set to make an addition each day the rest of the week.

To be fair I heard they're adding the competition of guy who works the hardest to run down the court.

benman82

Nov 17, 2009
TBT gave a free extra roster spot for her, so she's not taking away a spot from anybody. Seems like a no brainer to add her with that in place.

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
TBT gave a free extra roster spot for her, so she's not taking away a spot from anybody. Seems like a no brainer to add her with that in place.

Ha Yeah the morning they tweeted that out was when we were working with Megan on joining us so I about had an aneurysm seeing them pump that out there. Be a definitely nice of the tournament because we can really only roster 9 guys. So there's literally 0 downside for her to come on board with us but immense upside for her. And all of the guys have been really supportive of her.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Nice to add the National Player of the Year to your team!

So, how does this work? Does every team get to add one woman (or more)? Is she guaranteed minutes (which would mean someone else not getting minutes)?

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
Nice to add the National Player of the Year to your team!

So, how does this work? Does every team get to add one woman (or more)? Is she guaranteed minutes (which would mean someone else not getting minutes)?

Not really because the WNBA season is running right now. So there's really not a pool for teams to pull from even if they were going to do it which is unlikely. This is an extraordinarily rare opportunity for both us and Megan.

As far as minutes no nobody is guaranteed minutes. Having said that she's going to get minutes. There's no chance I'm putting her on this team and having her sit there. :)

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Not really because the WNBA season is running right now. So there's really not a pool for teams to pull from even if they were going to do it which is unlikely. This is an extraordinarily rare opportunity for both us and Megan.

As far as minutes no nobody is guaranteed minutes. Having said that she's going to get minutes. There's no chance I'm putting her on this team and having her sit there. :)
So winning isn’t a priority then?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

I hope Megan does really well. Having women contribute significantly in a tournament like this would be great for women's basketball.

• Agree
Reactions: Cytown12

hoopitup

Feb 8, 2012
West Des Moines
Clearly we all see the PR angle here but uh, good luck? to her if she gets in a game against pro ball players competing for 2 mil.

She’s crafty and u r underestimating her. I get your point about pros especially as you get closer to the final 4. Have you seen some of the dudes that roll out there and play? She will be just fine.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
She’s crafty and u r underestimating her. I get your point about pros especially as you get closer to the final 4. Have you seen some of the dudes that roll out there and play? She will be just fine.
Who is she better than on the team?

• Winner
Reactions: ClonesFTW

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron