Android or iPhone?

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Yeah I would frown upon that.

We use the Google maps tracking for our daughter, but don't track each other.

There is a map on Snapchat too, though (if you share your location on it, anyway).

I had a Galaxy and recently switched to the pixel line & am very pleased with the decision.

• Useful
Reactions: aobie and aauummm

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
Google phones, including the new less expensive 3A, have the best camera in the business.

I have gotten lucky a couple of times, took a post card quality photo and blown them up to 2'X3' framed wall hangers.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I had a few androids at work and thought I would get an iPhone so the wife and I could share charging cords, etc. The iPhone was okay but the screen was smaller for the same size phone body and I got less phone for the same money (anything beyond a base phone I have to subsidize). After one iPhone I went back to an Android. The screen size has become more important as these eyes age.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I always feel like I need to go all Apple products or zero Apple products. So far I'm at zero, I don't want to be brand loyal with technology, I want the best value.

I would recommend getting the same as your significant other (if applicable) if you suck at technology. If you are good at technology I would get the opposite. The latter is the case for me, and my wife never comes to me for anything about her iPhone.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
I went from Androids through high school and my first two years at ISU to an iPhone 5S for my last two college years. The iPhone OS was my best phone experience by far, but I wanted to give the Pixel line a try when my iPhone battery gave out because I heard the Pixel was a good middle ground in a lot of ways between Android and iPhone.

Have had my Pixel 2 XL for almost a year and a half now and it still performs just as well as the day I bought it and will be sticking with a Pixel phone whenever I end up upgrading.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Enjoy buying those dongles and special headphones with an iphone.

What do you plug into your phone these days? Everything is wireless, from charging to headphones. And, most of the new Androids are also ditching the 3.5mm headphone jack as well.

• Agree
Reactions: aobie

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
My personal phone is Android while my work phone is an iPhone. I prefer the Android, but it is definitely personal preference. I just find the Android easier to use, but I also prefer computers with Microsoft Windows. My work also issues iPads and my wife has a Surface Pro...I am jealous. Since all phones do the same basic things and have the same apps anymore, I will base my next cell phone purchase off of the camera(s) quality/functionality.

This was me for about 2 years. Work phone was iPhone, personal phone Android. I changed jobs, and stuck with Android.

Reactions: Cardinal and Gold

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
We are a split family. I have iphone because my work is mac based. So my home computer is a mac. Iphones work really well with mac computers for my backups, etc. My wife is Android and I use it as well. The only complaint i have with it, is I'm not used to it. Both phones do the same thing. In the end it is what you are more comfortable with.

clonebb

Oct 23, 2015
at business events and family gatherings, a lot of the IPhone (female primarily) users ask to use my Note to take pictures, and then ask me to text the pictures to them. It is actually quite annoying. I think that right there should answer your question.

At family events, I get asked to take the pictures with my Xs Max iPhone. That should answer your question. As if taking pictures and sending them is rocket science.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Got my first iPhone around two years ago. I don't like paying hundreds of dollars for a phone, but I decided to try the SE since the price was relatively reasonable and I don't mind the small size. It was great until the battery life (which wasn't great to begin with) started dropping drastically after 14 months and the power button started malfunctioning after 18 months. And it wasn't just non-functional, which I could deal with -- it was triggering false presses which would interrupt calls and video.

Since Apple doesn't have a low-cost iPhone anymore, I'm back to Android -- Moto X (4th gen) for $120 at Amazon.

Last edited:

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
Having, iPads, AppleTV and a Mac at home, I wouldn't switch from my iPhone. Everything works together, pretty much seamlessly. Both OSs do the same things, both have different pros and cons. Pick which one is going to to make your life easiest. If you are used to Android I wouldn't switch, but if you have a mix of Apple items you work with or play with at home, Apple does make that easy to go between them.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I have the Pixel 3 and like it. I have never had an iPhone. One thing I like about the Pixel is using their Google Fi phone service. If you are a low data user, this plan will save you money. This is part of the reason why I choose the Pixel line of phones.

HGoat1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Iphone. You don't want to be the one in the groupchat that makes the text bubbles turn green.

Last edited:

SwirlyBird

Aug 2, 2015
What do you plug into your phone these days? Everything is wireless, from charging to headphones. And, most of the new Androids are also ditching the 3.5mm headphone jack as well.
sounds like you got something you would plug into your iphone

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
I agree,....wrong.

I have several audiophile wired ear phones. My Google 3, with a DAC, provides awesome audio that doesn't get chopped and diced like a MP3 being flattenedd through a Bluetooth signal.

Drop the wire INSIDE your shirt and it disappears! With CD quality sound, not the roadkill flat of wireless.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron