Android or iPhone?

SDClone

Oct 3, 2007
Ankeny, Iowa
I am going to upgrade my old Galaxy 6 phone in the next couple of days and I am debating on trying an iPhone. I did some research online but everything I have read has pretty much came out as a draw. Some sites say Galaxy and some say iPhone. Is it worth switching to an iPhone? Give me all of your opinions.

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
iPhone.

I used Androids going back to around 2011 (I think?) I switched this Christmas, and its been the best phone decision I've ever made.

Tri

Sep 10, 2009
I had Android for 6 years switched to iPhone for 9 months. Went back to Android. iPhone. To trust iPhone or Android with security is laughable.

• Agree
Reactions: flycy

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
at business events and family gatherings, a lot of the IPhone (female primarily) users ask to use my Note to take pictures, and then ask me to text the pictures to them. It is actually quite annoying. I think that right there should answer your question.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
at business events and family gatherings, a lot of the IPhone (female primarily) users ask to use my Note to take pictures, and then ask me to text the pictures to them. It is actually quite annoying. I think that right there should answer your question.

He didn’t ask about getting an annoying woman.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
It depends on the user IMO. If you basically are going to use it as a phone and web surfing then iPhone is clearly better IMO. If you are actually going to get into it and mess with settings then an Android is better. To me it comes down to ease of use. With an iPhone you just use it. In my experience with an Android you have to actual work with it to keep up. I deal with my works cell phones and I have no issues with the iPhones unless it has to do with connecting to some VPN stuff. I don’t have a ton of issues with the Androids but I do have more especially as they age.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
I was thinking of switching to an iPhone but then my wife probably would want to use that tracking app she uses for our daughters on my phone and I'd have a hard time explaining why I spend so much time at Diane Lane's place in NYC when I travel out East for work.
You spelled Vodka Sam wrong.....

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
Pretty much the "Ford or Chevy" discussion.They're both great, each has some pros and some cons.

Everybody has an opinion... Most of them are unnecessarily adamant that their favorite is by far the best.

I chose the pixel because the camera is higher rated than the iPhone camera. Others might choose iPhone because of FaceTime.

Decide what features are most important to you and then choose the phone that best aligns with that.

L

LincolnWay187

Enjoy buying those dongles and special headphones with an iphone.

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
My personal phone is Android while my work phone is an iPhone. I prefer the Android, but it is definitely personal preference. I just find the Android easier to use, but I also prefer computers with Microsoft Windows. My work also issues iPads and my wife has a Surface Pro...I am jealous. Since all phones do the same basic things and have the same apps anymore, I will base my next cell phone purchase off of the camera(s) quality/functionality.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
I was thinking of switching to an iPhone but then my wife probably would want to use that tracking app she uses for our daughters on my phone and I'd have a hard time explaining why I spend so much time at Diane Lane's place in NYC when I travel out East for work.

So I shouldn't tell your wife there is way to track you on Google Maps without changing phones?

Help Support Us

Become a patron