Matt Miller's WTE 2020 NFL Draft Big Board (A Few Cyclone Names)

TBT

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 27, 2014
WDM, IA
Last edited:

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Chase Allen - #8 TE, voted Best Blocker

Bryce Meeker - #7 OG

Ray Lima - #9 DT, voted Biggest Sleeper

Greg Eisworth - #9 Safety

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...2020-nfl-draft-big-board?share=twitter#slide0

First big board I've seen to hold that many Cyclones. Surprised about Meeker though, but I'm not an O-line guy.

I think if Allen has a big year could see him go.. he’s got great size and good hands and TE position is like gold right now to NFL teams.. Still the #9 TE would prob be like 4-5th rd pick.. he won’t go early if that’s the case..

Eisworth is prob best defensive prospect right now.. Can see him being 3-4th rd pick

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
IMO 2020 success depends a lot on the prospects of Enyi, Eisworth and Kolar declaring early.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Have you learned nothing about Matt Campbell? :cool:

One thing that I have learned is that the biggest issue once again will be OL. We have yet to see even a below average OL under Campbell so losing four Seniors there will be a big concern.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
There are few programs that embody the "next man up" attitude as well as ours. We will be fine regardless.

I don't know if we have enough data to make that kind of statement. We'll see how they replace Montgomery and Butler. Our depth is definitely improving, but as worn down as our starters were going into that Drake game, and as poorly as the backups played, I'm not going to say that we're loaded with young talent.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
I don't know if we have enough data to make that kind of statement. We'll see how they replace Montgomery and Butler. Our depth is definitely improving, but as worn down as our starters were going into that Drake game, and as poorly as the backups played, I'm not going to say that we're loaded with young talent.
They weren't worn down. They had no motivation and were playing on a field that shouldn't have hosted a football game. Totally neutralized almost all advantages we had.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
One thing that I have learned is that the biggest issue once again will be OL. We have yet to see even a below average OL under Campbell so losing four Seniors there will be a big concern.

Actually, I think we've seen plenty of that.