WBB Recruiting

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Whoa. The Clark at Iowa State dream is still alive. Nice.
Really just the word from some parents of her AIA teammates. And when that team plays at the Bring Your Best tourney in Ames in a couple of weeks, I'm sure there will be a crowd.
Just don't think it's guaranteed yet that Clark will leave for one of the elites like ND.

Reactions: StClone

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Really just the word from some parents of her AIA teammates. And when that team plays at the Bring Your Best tourney in Ames in a couple of weeks, I'm sure there will be a crowd.
Just don't think it's guaranteed yet that Clark will leave for one of the elites like ND.
Ryan is #1 recruit out of Kansas. Donarski is ranked #2 in Wisconsin. For highly rated Clark to come aboard, the 2020 class would likely be the best Iowa State has ever had.

Last edited:

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
Oh so true. It's been the missing link for quite sometime there. Seldom ever do you get a high quality post out of JC but there is one this year down here in Texas at Angelina, JC in Lufkin. She is 6' 4" and is the National JC player of the year. If you saw her play you'd know why. I think she averaged 25 points per game. Natasha Mack. She originally signed with Houston but changed her mind and set out one year then went to Angelina . I don't believe she has committed yet but is being recruited by Oklahoma State, Missouri, Wichita State and at least 3 other schools.

In my opinion she is far superior to Nezerwa and I mean that as no dis-respect to her. But to be blunt I was never quite sure why she was offered at ISU. To my surprise she did provide some decent relief a few times for the Clones this year, actually more than I expected. But Natasha is good enough to move up and be a very solid contributor for somebody.
Well I think I'll break a record here and reply to my own post. The girl I mentioned from Angelina JC, Natasha Mack has signed with Okie State. She may not pan out, but from what I saw of her I think she should turn out to be rather good. I sure wish ISU would have pursued her, but apparently she was never on the radar screen.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
Well I think I'll break a record here and reply to my own post. The girl I mentioned from Angelina JC, Natasha Mack has signed with Okie State. She may not pan out, but from what I saw of her I think she should turn out to be rather good. I sure wish ISU would have pursued her, but apparently she was never on the radar screen.

Given Ines is back for this year, and we have Kristen for 2 more years, Kane for 4, and the quality Wake Forest transfer for 3 after this year timing probably wasn't the best and 2 project posts on scholly in Mills and McBride to spare another roster spot.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Don't know where to post this but I'll put it here.

I stumbled into an incidental conversation with a WBB coach from a medium-sized Midwest college. I listened more than talked as she provided some interesting observations. Noting my loyalties to Iowa State she congratulated me on recent recruiting success and said she is not surprised.

She has been in Ames and says the long-term vision, community support, facilities and consistency of results are first rate. In her travels she's seen much of the country, but focuses on the Midwest. Away from high income areas and some college towns, there are a lot of depressed communities she has seen in her recruiting.

Kansas is recovering but has had real problems over the past few years. She specifically noted much of Indiana after a recent trip to Muncie where she says it is especially desperate. Kentucky, away from cities like Lexington and others, and Tennessee, are left wanting.

Kids come to Iowa State and leave impressed to find Ames clean, fairly new and experience a cohesive effort to build and succeed. I guess we should feel lucky.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron