****Official Class of 2019 Recruiting Thread****

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Glider or Tucker need to be priority #1. Those two change my outlook for next season. Anybody else is gravy, but one of the freshman would be great if nothing else to build continuity from season to season.

A Top 100 PG in the spring would be an absolute steal for the program. Wouldn't necessarily change next season, but Wheeler would be a great addition for the future. If we somehow got Gilder and Wheeler, I'd be all aboard the hype train for next season. Feels unlikely, but let's get at least one.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Interesting the kid texts Alex back and pretty much says not his words, just quoting what the coach said.

Now I ask you if he was already decided on Georgia why heck would he do that?

Did the kid text back or did Alex clarify his writing?

Honestly, unless you were looking for trouble, the original was never that alarming. In fact, I correctly interpreted it above.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Yes, he contacted Alex to clarify

So it's time for this?

giphy.gif

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Can't he sign with an agent and still come back technically?

I think that is only if he goes undrafted or drops out before the draft.

We can argue if he is a first-rounder or not.

I think there is a 0% chance he does not end up drafted, however.

THT coming back is basically a <1% thing at this point.

Wigginton is more complicated, obviously.

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
THT is projected late first early second. Wigginton is projected undrafted. He should be testing and coming back, but he had his mind made up last year when he came back that he was leaving no matter what after this year. Pretty dumb imo.

• Disagree
Reactions: Halincandenza

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
THT is projected late first early second. Wigginton is projected undrafted. He should be testing and coming back, but he had his mind made up last year when he came back that he was leaving no matter what after this year. Pretty dumb imo.

After he actually goes undrafted, he will come to the fork in the road.

Starting into the oblivion of trying to scratch out a basketball existence from the lowest starting point possible, versus coming back to Ames, being the star of the team and one of the best players in the country, and possibly playing himself into a much higher starting point (even if a year older) after becoming a household name and award-winner...

Plus, flying to games, playing in Hilton, and ISU's facilities are much nicer than he is going to find on that bottom tier, even in the D-League busing everywhere...

His calculations might change. Might.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
It's not a problem guys. Wheeler, Gilder, and the return of Wigginton. Ezpz.
That could be a better team than this past year, even when losing an All-Big 12 wing, a potential NBA draft pick, plus Babb and Lard.

Small-ball would be very exciting if we get so fortunate to land Wheeler/Nadolny and Gilder, plus get Wigginton back. Multiple pgs and combo guards. The 4 spot would be interesting, perhaps Lewis or Zion would step up, or we go big.

Reactions: Kurttr

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron