Game of Thrones Season 8

algonacy

Feb 19, 2012
Iowa
Sorry, I'm not buying the Sansa/Theon thing. That just doesn't click for me. I get it and everything, but.... I just don't get it. Rings hollow.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
Welp...i am putting my money on Brianne, Gendry and Missande (sp?) for not making it past next week.

1) Don’t make a big deal of a character
2) Sex=Death...in horror genres
3) Never make plans before a war, for after a war..see every war movie ever made, ever.

I don’t think anyone sitting around that fire will survive next week. The only death that will cause me physical and emotional pain is the Mormont girl. OK also maybe the little girl who told Davos she wanted to fight

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Something my wife noticed when Aria was throwing those knives... Has she always been left-handed?

Yes - in both the books and the TV show.

https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/Arya_Stark

In the novels, Arya is left-handed. Maisie Williams is right-handed, but plays Arya as left-handed to be true to the books, including learning how to fight with a sword in her left hand. Maisie's mother discovered that Arya is left-handed while reading the books, and urged her to play Arya left-handed, for fear that if she didn't, hardcore fans of the books would be outraged and instantly reject her performance.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I don’t think anyone sitting around that fire will survive next week. The only death that will cause me physical and emotional pain is the Mormont girl. OK also maybe the little girl who told Davos she wanted to fight

I have a hard time believing this, if for no other reason than I think Jaime plays a big role after the dead are defeated (or if the dead win and the survivors at Winterfell regroup at Pike and march south later).

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006

For some reason I see Pod surviving, just a gut feeling. I think Ser Brienne is going to take out a bunch of White Walkers with her, same with Jorah swinging Heartsbane around. The Hound has to survive for CleganeBowl, but I think we've seen the last of Ser Beric (he doesn't have any lives left, does he?)

• Optimistic
Reactions: 3GenClone

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
For some reason I see Pod surviving, just a gut feeling. I think Ser Brienne is going to take out a bunch of White Walkers with her, same with Jorah swinging Heartsbane around. The Hound has to survive for CleganeBowl, but I think we've seen the last of Ser Beric (he doesn't have any lives left, does he?)

Depends - will Melisandre arrive to resurrect his corpse yet again?

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Both Lannister boys have parts to left play.

They may not survive in the end, but they aren’t dying next week
Agreed. Bronn and the crossbow is all the clue you need to know that.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
Oh yeah. We’re going to see terror like never before on TV. My hope is that this battle will top Hearthome, and I think it will.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Tyrion needs a win - so when is it going to happen?

Or will it?

I feel like I need to re-evaluate my position if Sam is going to live. After this week I’m thinking that Sam may not make it to the end. Jorah getting the sword and Tyrion talking with Bran makes Sam a dispensable character.

• Agree
Reactions: WalkingCY

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Well, the next week is going to be agonizing. I liked a lot of this episode, but the fear is beginning to reach a fever pitch that they're going to have to rush things too much from here on. It didn't feel like the story was advanced much at all, beyond knowing what the game plan is for the battle and seeing Jon tell Dany the truth (but we're obviously left hanging on how she's going to handle that).

And god, Maisie Williams.

I’d put money on that being a body double based on the angles taken.