Game of Thrones Season 8

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
It's a good thing Ygritte knew him back when he was just Jon Snow. It wouldn't quite have the staying power (and would take half the episode) if she'd had to say, "You know nothing, Aegon Targaryen..." followed by whatever multitude of titles would follow.

She might also be upset that he was banging his auntie. :eek:

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Regarding the direwolves. There are only two of them left: Nymeria and Ghost. Given that the link between a Stark and their direwolf is so closely linked, can we conclude that both Sansa and Bran will die before this all ends? I think probably.

But even more in depth, each of the wolves that have died so far are related to their owners death. Shaggydog was killed by Ramsey...so was Rickon. Grey Wind was killed by the Frey's...so was Robb. If that holds true, Bran will be killed by Whitewalkers (Summer was) and Sansa will be killed by a Stark (Lady was).

I can buy a Stark killing Sansa, maybe if she gets turned into by the Night King. Not sure about Bran though.

All this could be moot anyway. I just really really really want some Ghost and Nymeria this season. Will be a massive disappointment if they don't get some major screentime or none at all.
Well, they didn't have to do elephants, so maybe CGI funds are available for direwolves? ;)

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
Tonight will be amazing because Jamie will stand in front of Danny and finally tell the truth about what happened the day he was forced to murder her father. It’s going to be a show stopper. And my hope is that Bran will confirm his story.

Reactions: jdoggivjc

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
from r/freefolk

D4KhKR0U8AEQqd8.png:large

D4Pp3XkUcAACxCg.png:large
...but why does she have @Cydkar 's avatar on her t-shirt?

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
The only thing I'm hoping for is Jamie goes on trial, is found guilty, and is executed. They already saved him once from the dragon when he should have died. I'm gonna be pissed if he's somehow pardoned, or saved with a trial by combat. Having Bronn be the one to face him in the trial by combat would be some good tv though.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
The only thing I'm hoping for is Jamie goes on trial, is found guilty, and is executed. They already saved him once from the dragon when he should have died. I'm gonna be pissed if he's somehow pardoned, or saved with a trial by combat. Having Bronn be the one to face him in the trial by combat would be some good tv though.
They’re going to need him for the fight against the dead. He’s the only good military commander they have, Grey Worm being a possible exception. Jon has shown himself to be way too emotional, far too often on the battlefield to be in command of the troops.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL

They already showed him alive in one of the trailers fighting in the battle against the white walkers.

• Dislike
Reactions: isutrevman

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Just re-watched episode 8.1; who are the two extra people in the scene with Tormund & Beric? I had trouble seeing them in the darkness of the scene; I'm pretty sure the guy who took them to Umber's crucifixion was a member of the Night's Watch, but I can't place his name. :(

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Well, the next week is going to be agonizing. I liked a lot of this episode, but the fear is beginning to reach a fever pitch that they're going to have to rush things too much from here on. It didn't feel like the story was advanced much at all, beyond knowing what the game plan is for the battle and seeing Jon tell Dany the truth (but we're obviously left hanging on how she's going to handle that).

And god, Maisie Williams.

Cybone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Welp...i am putting my money on Brianne, Gendry and Missande (sp?) for not making it past next week.

1) Don’t make a big deal of a character
2) Sex=Death...in horror genres
3) Never make plans before a war, for after a war..see every war movie ever made, ever.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
This was a Dominoe’s episode because it delivers.

Theon and Sansa reunion
Little Bear and Jora
Areya and Gendry get it on
Jamie knights Briann
Sam gives his family sword to Jora
Briann saves Jamie’s skin
Tormund and Briann
Areya and the Hound...

Holy $h17, it was perfection.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron