Hoiberg will attend the Baylor game (AS A FAN!)

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
I dunno, last time ISU had a chance to take a big step towards a big 12 title and both Baylor and Fred were in the building it did not end well . ;) Well this time we have 2 great coaches and a great NBA point guard to give the team some advise on dealing with the Scott Drew timeout pattern

Actually future NBA GM Fred Hoiberg, might give Wigginton and THT some advice on entering the NBA draft or coming back another year.

I suppose there aren't any recruits in the house for this one? Maybe Xavier Foster?

• Useful
Reactions: Spell4isu

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Fred to Kansas
giphy.gif

IP Guy

Jun 16, 2007
I don't get why everything has to be so polarized these days. Just because you are for something doesn't mean you have to hate something else.

I'll admit that I'm a huge Prohm fan, and I wouldn't trade him for Fred as a coach. However, that opinion is not because Fred isn't a good coach or didn't help our program.

Rather, it's because Prohm is an amazing coach, an amazing human, an amazing role model / father figure to his players AND his long term end game is to be a legendary college coach, which I think he is figuring out that he can accomplish right here at ISU.

Despite my fierce loyalty to Prohm, I think its great for Fred to be back in Ames talking to the team. Remember, he was the coach of the Show in town for three of our young stars, such that there is an additional wow factor for them. Showing that he still cares about this program even after being in the Show says a lot about the value of this program.

Not to mention, he probably learned some things while coaching in the greatest basketball league in the world. So, he probably can provide some good insights that will help our program. What's not to like?

OK, old man rant over.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Unemployed...sometimes Shopko's clearance sales don't line up by brand.
So now Fred's too lazy to drive to different towns WITHIN ONE STATE to get the best prices on moderate quality athletic gear? No wonder he couldn't reel in Rashad Vaughn.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
I don't get why everything has to be so polarized these days. Just because you are for something doesn't mean you have to hate something else.

I'll admit that I'm a huge Prohm fan, and I wouldn't trade him for Fred as a coach. However, that opinion is not because Fred isn't a good coach or didn't help our program.

Rather, it's because Prohm is an amazing coach, an amazing human, an amazing role model / father figure to his players AND his long term end game is to be a legendary college coach, which I think he is figuring out that he can accomplish right here at ISU.

Despite my fierce loyalty to Prohm, I think its great for Fred to be back in Ames talking to the team. Remember, he was the coach of the Show in town for three of our young stars, such that there is an additional wow factor for them. Showing that he still cares about this program even after being in the Show says a lot about the value of this program.

Not to mention, he probably learned some things while coaching in the greatest basketball league in the world. So, he probably can provide some good insights that will help our program. What's not to like?

OK, old man rant over.
Too lazy to read entire thread. I pretty much agree with this. A friend is very upset that we are allowing Fred to talk to the team. She feels like he Left us by choice so should not be allowed the privilege. I told her I disagreed. Anybody else agree with her?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Too lazy to read entire thread. I pretty much agree with this. A friend is very upset that we are allowing Fred to talk to the team. She feels like he Left us by choice so should not be allowed the privilege. I told her I disagreed. Anybody else agree with her?

I don’t agree with her. But, like I said before, it’s really great of prohm to encourage it. Not many would. I know Orr left a little angry, but Floyd never spent as much time praising him as prohm does with Fred. Floyd really tried to separate himself from Orr.

And, like I said, Fred will get a well deserved welcome back from the crowd. But I wish prohm would get a better welcome. (for example, the AP writer mentioned prohm getting a standing ovation from the crowd for TCU or Texas game and that it was the first time that had happened. I don’t think that’s correct but still).

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron