Hoiberg will attend the Baylor game (AS A FAN!)

CarterCloneFan

Dec 3, 2018
Coach Hoiberg will once again be inside the friendly confines of Hilton Coliseum on Tuesday, as fan of course. This will be his first time back since going to coach the bulls. Maybe he’ll come down and draw up out of bounds plays during timeouts ;)

Last edited:

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Time for some fake mustache and glasses disguises for some walk ons and grad assistant coaches.

Seems like we could nearly have a pro team in the stands.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Pretty sure there's gonna be quite a few people who care when a Cyclone legend visits Hilton, no matter who the current coach is.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Fred guy. I wasn't stoked about the way he left and never want him back as a coach (unless the program is in despair).

Probably the all-time Cyclone, we are just doing fine without him and I'm sure he feels the same way. I mean, he hated recruiting, blah, blah...

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I don't really care that Holberg is going to be back, but I'm excited about Monte coming back!

But what I do want to point out is that hearing Prohm talk about it is pretty amazing. Steve gets compared to Holberg constantly and most of the time unfairly. (see the first comment in this thread---maybe Prohm can teach Fred how to play defense or hold players accountable) Every time Iowa State loses or doesn't win by enough, the Iowa State Men's Basketball Facebook page is filled comments about how everyone wants Fred back. I'm sure Prohm gets plenty of messages on twitter from idiots about Fred.

But yet, time and time again, Steve gives Fred credit for everything. If someone asks about a win Steve will jump in to give credit to Fred. There hasn't been much as far as blaming the previous coach for last year from Steve. Replacing a legend is never easy. There's a reason so many times they fail. I know that most people would get plenty sick of hearing about the person we replaced, no matter how good he was.

I know Fred will get a well deserved welcome tomorrow night, but what I hope is that Steve gets an even warmer welcome. Because he's the one that is here. He's the one that recruited Marial and Lindell and Tyrese and Talen. He's the one that has formed a pretty special bond with Monte. And he's the one that just had ANOTHER tope 25 road win ;)

We've got a special coach. I wish we'd realize that.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Who cares?

#Prohmtrain

People are obsessed with Fred on this board.
Why so insecure and thus so easily trolled by the thread title? There’s a thread about Morris coming to the game and another thread tracking former recent Cyclones. It’s what fans tend to do in regards to former players. There’s even a thread about a former player’s daughter.

Hoiberg is currently one of the more prominent figures associated with Cyclone basketball. He’s known as a NBA guy, and there are likely current players and recruits that see value in the connection. It’s been long enough since he left that you shouldn’t throw a fit about his presence in Ames getting attention.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron