Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
  • Informative
Reactions: isutrevman

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Doing mock drafts seems impossible - so many variables. I hope DM and HB have a good combine because I don't see them showing up in many mocks in early rounds. Draftsite.com has Montgomery going in the 5th to Denver (I bet Josey Jewell remembers him :) and Butler going in the 6th to the Cardinals. Link: https://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2019/
I do two mock drafts every year... One with trades and one without. Trying to predict trades is extremely hard to do. Even doing a mock without trades is tough because there are always surprises, which makes the draft exciting. I do a ton of research - watching highlights of the prospects as well as reading every scouting report I can find, looking at what teams do in free agency and what positions they need and things like that.

You get some players that will make it even more difficult because it's hard to project where they will go. Kyler Murray is a great example. He is fast and athletic, but he's undersized for an NFL quarterback. Still, he has a great arm. There is a ton of hype around him and everyone has him going in the 1st round. I had him going to Miami at #13, but I changed it up and now have him going early 2nd round to Jacksonville.

I have Butler going mid 2nd round to Washington and Montgomery late 2nd round to the Eagles.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Can't wait to see the 40 times. That will tell you if they have 1st round potential or not.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Here is the combine schedule for those interested. Will be on NFL Network & NFL.com starting Friday.

general_player_schedule_2019.jpg

On-Field Drills:

» Friday, Mar 1: PK, ST, OL, RB
» Saturday, Mar 2: QB, WO, TE
» Sunday, Mar 3: DL, LB
» Monday, Mar 4: DB

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron