I guess Iowa's collapse will start in March this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Because it’s a stupid comment. Iowa blew out two Top 15 teams at home, but apparently those don’t count to you because they also lost to Michigan State and Wisconsin (two other very good teams). Just a very dumb statement to make. If that is the case, why were so many Iowa State fans excited about beating Kansas at home- don’t they know that win doesn’t count?
ISU wasn’t even a top 40 team when they played. You deserve credit for beating Michigan but it’s still just a home game

Hawkize31

Jul 6, 2010
It’s funny to me seeing your fan base b**ch that Iowa State is ranked ahead of Iowa and how could that be?! They smoked Iowa State! Funny how truly dumb your fan base is like head to head is all that matters. Those morons don’t realize that Iowa is 15 spots lower than Iowa State in the only ranking that really matters (NET). Even in Kenpom Iowa State is 13 spots better. “But but! The Big 12 sucks! That’s the only reason Iowa State is ahead!” Also one of my favorites.

Noone is arguing head to head is all that matters, its just one of several factors, some of which Iowa has an advantage over Iowa State.

Head to head - Iowa won big. Yes it was a home game, but Carver aint worth 14 points. Its always half empty and dead quiet, so its barely an advantage, right guys?
Bad losses - Iowa's worse loss is to #46 Minnesota (I'm using Kenpom for everything for convenience) on the road and all other losses are to teams in the top 11. ISU lost at home to 41 TCU and neutral court to #87 Arizona (yikes).
Record vs SOS - Iowa has a 20-5 record vs the #30 SOS, ISU has a 19-6 record vs a worse schedule (42nd).

ISU has more big wins (vs elite competition) and much better road wins.
Honestly, our resumes are pretty even. ISU seems to have a higher ceiling but a higher chance of laying an egg vs mediocre competition. Iowa has found a way to not lose to mediocre teams, but has looked overmatched vs elite teams.

I think both could do well in the tournament if they play at the levels each fanbase knows they are capable of. I think ISU has a better chance of making a real deep run because they can beat elite teams. Hard to see Iowa making the deep run with how they played vs Purdue and Sparty.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Will the committee judge each teams resume based on the NET ranking as of when the game was played or NET ranking at the end of the season?
Actually, if you knew the process, you’d know that they take into consideration players that didn’t play in certain games when evaluating wins and losses. You’re welcome.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
It’s funny to me seeing your fan base b**ch that Iowa State is ranked ahead of Iowa and how could that be?! They smoked Iowa State! Funny how truly dumb your fan base is like head to head is all that matters. Those morons don’t realize that Iowa is 15 spots lower than Iowa State in the only ranking that really matters (NET). Even in Kenpom Iowa State is 13 spots better. “But but! The Big 12 sucks! That’s the only reason Iowa State is ahead!” Also one of my favorites.
And ironically the Big 12 has been hurt the most by NET and the B1G has benefited the most from it. Pretty impressive for Iowa State yo be 15 spots higher than Iowa!

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Noone is arguing head to head is all that matters, its just one of several factors, some of which Iowa has an advantage over Iowa State.

Head to head - Iowa won big. Yes it was a home game, but Carver aint worth 14 points. Its always half empty and dead quiet, so its barely an advantage, right guys?
Bad losses - Iowa's worse loss is to #46 Minnesota (I'm using Kenpom for everything for convenience) on the road and all other losses are to teams in the top 11. ISU lost at home to 41 TCU and neutral court to #87 Arizona (yikes).
Record vs SOS - Iowa has a 20-5 record vs the #30 SOS, ISU has a 19-6 record vs a worse schedule (42nd).

Honestly, our resumes are pretty even. ISU seems to have a higher ceiling but a higher chance of laying an egg vs mediocre competition. Iowa has found a way to not lose to mediocre teams, but has looked overmatched vs elite teams.

I think both could do well in the tournament if they play at the levels each fanbase knows they are capable of. I think ISU has a better chance of making a real deep run because they can beat elite teams. Hard to see Iowa making the deep run with how they played vs Purdue and Sparty.
Arizona is irrelevant. We had 4 players out and it was in mid November when we were heavily relying on new Freshman. Using TCU is fair. They laid an egg there no question.

• Agree
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Why is Iowa State ranked significantly higher in NET, BPI, and KenPom? Your rant makes no sense...

Hawkize31

Jul 6, 2010
Arizona is irrelevant. We had 4 players out and it was in mid November when we were heavily relying on new Freshman. Using TCU is fair. They laid an egg there no question.
I think you have a valid point, but from a resume standpoint you don't get to throw out the game. But ya ISU has definitely improved a lot from that point in the season. I think they might end up a 4 seed but they might be playing at the level of a 2 seed.

Hawkize31

Jul 6, 2010
Why is Iowa State ranked significantly higher in NET, BPI, and KenPom? Your rant makes no sense...

You should read their methodology or ask them if you want to know that. Beats me why Iowa keeps winning and dropping in the rankings, I'm just enjoying the ride.

• Funny
Reactions: MartinCy

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I think you have a valid point, but from a resume standpoint you don't get to throw out the game. But ya ISU has definitely improved a lot from that point in the season. I think they might end up a 4 seed but they might be playing at the level of a 2 seed.

The committee will absolutely take the missing players into account and are on the record stating that those things are factored in. This is nothing new.

• Agree
Reactions: Cydkar

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
From a resume standpoint no. It will still be factored though on who we were missing. But I will dismiss the Arizona loss as a reason that Iowa State could lay in egg in March. That loss was so long ago and we had too many freshman playing and key players out. I don’t think our team was very good in November and most of December in all honesty.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Not really. I don't believe half the **** I say. Which half is open to your interpretation, but I'm not full on dumbass.
@benjimill
maxresdefault.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: IASTATE07

VegasHerky

Feb 14, 2019
Actually, if you knew the process, you’d know that they take into consideration players that didn’t play in certain games when evaluating wins and losses. You’re welcome.

But it will be considered a quad 1, Top 20 win for Iowa as long as ISU doesn't collapse.

Thank you.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Committee will not care, it will be a Quad 1 win come Selection Sunday.
Yes of course, but that’s not the context that illicited my response.

The Michigan was much more an impressive win, due to the caliber of the team played WHEN they played them. The original statement is misleading because at the time ISU wasn’t one of the best 15 (probably not even 40). Of course still qualifies as a Q1 win...

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I’m watching the WVU game tonight. They are a fundamentally bad team that can’t shoot and turns the ball over way too much.

Iowa would be able to beat them by two points on a three-quarter court, one-handed heave that hits the top of the backboard before dropping through the bucket.

89-87 Iowa over WVU.

Reactions: CyTwins
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron