***2019 AAF season thread***

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Between this game and the NFL's overall badness I'm starting to think we should just cancel pro football
to be fair these guys are doing pretty good for only having 30 days of practice, especially since many havent been on the field for a few years

MrTippet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2009
This game has been alright. It's enough for me to give it a few more weeks.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Could that have been called an INT, Fumble, resulting in a touchback since he was never touched down and threw it out the back of the end zone?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Mike Riley, while a nice guy, was still a mind boggling fit for Nebraska.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
This could be fun - 8 teams, 10-game schedule is just about perfect. Not too much to follow. They can always build from there if it takes off. Quality of play is pretty good. This crowd sounds pretty impressive, doesn't quite look as big but if it is successful things can grow.

(Watching Sunday morning on DVR.)

It's incredibly odd watching an arena crowd who isn't wearing any gear for their team. I imagine they will be buying that on their way out.

Also interesting is the APP which seems to be built around potential for fantasy football and gaming which can be a huge source of revenue if done correctly.

I think the quality of play has been good, but the cynic in me says that people will lose interest if they don't see enough scoring/big plays on O or D in the games. There are no historical fan ties to these teams to keep people glued to their chairs.

Pace of play and dumping the TV timeouts are both great additions to make it more watchable.

browns4cy

Sep 3, 2014
I'm just going to pretend that you drove to the store just now to take that picture.
Except that I live 3 hrs away from the nearest scheels. I had to send a pic to my siblings when I seen it. Pretty sure they both had them back in the day. Not Iowa states ones though

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Yeah I like this too, I just wish they could have gotten into a couple northern areas somewhere. But with most dome stadiums owned by NFL teams I am sure that is hard to do this time of the year.
I hope with all the new leagues coming a couple of these work out. More football is always better.
"Ladies and gentlemen, your Cedar Falls Sycophants taking on the Fargo Furriers". I can see that totally happening.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron