*** Official IOWA STATE VS #8 Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

isubb79

Jul 16, 2009
What if I told you winning on the road against a top 10 team because you recruited a ton of talent, whilst overcoming a short handed roster to build chemistry early is in fact....Phenomenal coaching.

Add another W to Prohm's already school leading record vs top 10 teams.
I thought I heard the announcers say Johnnie had the most wins against top 10 teams?

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
We need Lindell to stay in attack mode, it was a thing of beauty when he was getting in the lane in the first half. He was either getting fouled or passing out for open looks.

This. Our best half court offense comes when we can drive and kick it outside.

I was so frustrated we weren't taking it to the Tin vs KU when Lawson picked up an early 4th. We settle for way too many long 2s instead of leveraging our depth to initiate contact and risking the offensive foul to try for a lay up or a kick out to the open shooter.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I had to be away from TV from late in the first half until about a minute into the 2nd. I think it was maybe tied when I left, then ISU was ahead by, like, 6 --- what good things did I miss?

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I don’t think enough people understand how damned tough this conference is going to be top to bottom this year. There aren’t all too many games that I think you could consider a bad loss.
I think teams like KU, Iowa St, and sometimes K St, can consider a loss at home, especially if it's not the top team, a bad loss. 15,000 fans is a huge advantage that needs to be exploited.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
We need Lindell to stay in attack mode, it was a thing of beauty when he was getting in the lane in the first half. He was either getting fouled or passing out for open looks.
He passed the ball really well tonight including some great downcourt / outlet passes after defensive rebounds.

We REALLY could use that ol' shooting touch coming back. Hopefully, he gets it back soon.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
They showed that Steve has the third most wins against Top 10. And he's only had a few seasons.

I'm a huge fan of Steve, I love that he disciplines with love and uncompromising. When his guys get injured he doesn't rush them back just for the wins. He has a great knack of developing chemistry. That said, you can see in-game coaching is still a work in progress.

He is a young coach, and his philosophy seems to be working on building a culture where the players should be accountable leaders. Unfortunately he doesn't have the veteran guys to do that right now. Babb is the only guy playing that has been in this program more than 2 years right?

I think with the way he recruits and leads the program he will stabilize ISU to be a top team year in and year out.

I thought I heard the announcers say Johnnie had the most wins against top 10 teams?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

To think that Lindell is still far from playing like himself yet, THT hasn't been shooting well at all, and Lard hasn't been playing at all.

We're far from being at our best yet. If LW can get back to being comfortable again, THT can start hitting his shots, and we can get Lard back.... watch out!