New rock music

arobb

Jan 4, 2014
These guys have been around for a while but for some reason never really made it big. Totally underrated. I've seen them play live several times and they always put on a great show.

• Agree
Reactions: mb7299

WoodCy

Feb 28, 2014
Atkins, IA
I'm 41 very soon to be 42. New groups I have been listening to have already been listed but I will restate the groups on my playlist;
Greta Van Fleet
Rival Sons
Royal Bloods

Nathaniel Ratliff and the Nightsweats

• Friendly
Reactions: Angie

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
These guys have been around for a while but for some reason never really made it big. Totally underrated. I've seen them play live several times and they always put on a great show.

I am in the same boat Ive seen them four times, the bigger the crowd the more amazing their are in person. They turned more to country the past two years so I havent followed them as much of late.

heatcheck1

Apr 29, 2017
Yonder
Royal Blood has a new album coming out soon. It blows my mind that the entire band consists of 2 dudes. Drums and a bass guitar. They share vocals I think.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
You Me at Six is a good rock band that is probably more in the wheelhouse of the OP.

Reactions: yez

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Just open your mind to listening to some Texas Red Dirt/Southern Rock, A little Whiskey Meyers, Reckless Kelly, Jason Boland, Cody Jinks, Matt Mason, Jackson Taylor, Matt Mason.

• Winner
Reactions: cstrunk

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Might be too “metal” for you but the new Architects album should be pretty palatable for someone of your tastes.
It's official, I'm going to have to end my metal hiatus. I was big into metal, then started having kids, and for the most part stopped following the genre. For me metal is frozen in 2006- Lamb of God, Trivium, Between the Buried and Me, Opeth...

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I'm a huge Greta Van Fleet Fan. If you don't mind sounds that borrow from older bands...

Sheepdogs - "Please Don't Lead Me On" (Beatles-esque)

Hanni El Khatib - "Paralyzed (Discotheque remix)" (So very disco-era Stones)

Some others that are great ways to cut your teeth (they have other great stuff, but these are good intro songs from each):

Thunderpu**y - "Speed Queen" (put the letter S in for each asterisk)

Low Cut Connie - "Revolution Rock n Roll"

Iron Tom - "Hookers" (guitarist plays for AWOLNATION, is the son of Jack Irons from Pearl Jam and Chili Peppers

The Dig - "I Already Forgot Everything You Said"

The 1975 - "Love It If We Made It"

The Record Company - "Off The Ground"

Rival Sons - "Tied Up"

I generally keep a playlist of new rock stuff on Spotify.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
This isn't so much new rock, as it is unheralded:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron