Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Son is getting the real remedial stuff today. He is older than I was when I started, that is as much as I will say.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Were the pumps electric or did you have to pump them? :)
Gravity.

34de20e583dbaf60e1b585af27d06a3a--old-gas-pumps-gas-station.jpg

;)

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
lived in this house for 15 years. Maybe its time to get our house number somewhere. We live on a stretch that is 1 1/2 blocks long and we are technically the only house on our block but with no road south of us, the people see the house south and see a number that is 100 off. There is no street directly north, so people can get slightly confused. If they just looked at the street sign or the huge brick sign across the street with the church address on it wouldn't be too difficult.

I don't like the look of them on a house, but people seem to struggle finding our house.
The number would ruin the look of the stone exterior.
upload_2018-8-6_12-46-22.jpeg

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Were the pumps electric or did you have to pump them? :)

Little known fact of little interest, I have a couple Sinclair Dino pump globe tops.

gas globes cf scale.jpg

My dad used to buy old station pumps, like the last of the tall ones with globe tops when they were replaced in the '60's with the lower sleeker pumps. We used these old ones as pumps for farmer customers. These heavy duty pumps were 10x better than the little electric tank top ones. Simple and easy to repair. The old globes ended up in my dad's garage. Didn't need Sinclair globes on top of a farmers pump that was serviced by the DX Sunray guy. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: NWICY

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
When I really want them to tow the line, I suggest Dad can give them the sex talk again.

Hubby is pretty good about not being bothered by all the female happenings in our house. If he wants to embarrass/rile up the almost 13yr old he will say things at dinner like, “Aren’t you excited to get back to school to see who has ‘blossomed’ over the summer?” That gets the eye rolls, the exasperated “daaad”, and slight blushing. Exactly what he was going for.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
My threat would be dad becoming their driving teacher. Dad’s patience and hormonal teenage girls don’t mix well for driving lessons.
My father was going to teach my oldest sister how to drive. They had one "lesson". She ended up in tears and vowed to never, EVER drive again. Matter of fact, she didn't get her license until she was in her 20s.
He never even attempted it with middle sister or me.
First time I was ever behind the wheel of a car was in driver's ed. I hadn't even driven in a simulator yet. Teacher chose me to drive first (that was his FIRST mistake). I had to back out of a parking space in a parking lot full of teenagers and teen drivers, then drive down the hill behind our high school. I didn't hit anyone on the way out of the space or the lot, so yay me? However, having me drive down the hill was his second mistake. The sidewalk went at an incline like the road. The houses all had retaining walls so that their yards were level, creating a ramp effect. Three guesses where my right wheels went. Teacher tried to brake, but the incline and the car tilting made his foot slip off his brake (third mistake). I managed to hit my brake, and he was hanging over me, screaming at me while I was dissolving into hysteria. Fourth mistake, as I was so scared I couldn't do anything about our situation. I didn't want to touch anything, and the two boys in the back seat were hollering too. He managed to reach over & put the car in park, then shut off the engine. Then we all calmed down. Well, most of us did.

I have NO idea why they let me behind the wheel again, or why I agreed to keep trying. But I still remember that damned retaining wall! :D

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Our stories aren't weird and we do know everything!
My parents came to town this weekend to watch my son's baseball tournament. I help coach and coach third base for the team. Here are a couple of of the comments I had to endure from my dad while he sat with the rest of my family and some friends.
"Who's the fat third base coach!?"
When I awkwardly dropped to the ground to get out of the way of a foul ball I heard, "And that's why he was captain of the chess team in high school."

Also, when my daughter was trying on her dresses for senior pictures there was this exchange.
Grandma - "Doesn't she look pretty?"
Grandpa - "Yes, she looks pretty, but as a grandpa I think she should wear clothes that make her look more ugly."

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
My parents came to town this weekend to watch my son's baseball tournament. I help coach and coach third base for the team. Here are a couple of of the comments I had to endure from my dad while he sat with the rest of my family and some friends.
"Who's the fat third base coach!?"
When I awkwardly dropped to the ground to get out of the way of a foul ball I heard, "And that's why he was captain of the chess team in high school."

Also, when my daughter was trying on her dresses for senior pictures there was this exchange.
Grandma - "Doesn't she look pretty?"
Grandpa - "Yes, she looks pretty, but as a grandpa I think she should wear clothes that make her look more ugly."

Some of those liners can be hit pretty hard.

BTW, here is a picture of JCs team

upload_2018-8-6_13-14-24.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: oldman and wxman1
Status
Not open for further replies.