WWE Extreme Rules (2018) Thread

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Ok, I officially don't know who they're turning heel between Sasha and Bayley. Bayley just jumped Sasha tonight.

For what was rumored to be a "throw away" episode, this has actually been really good tonight.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Any more to Big Cass being released? I think that seems odd. He was doing great the first time he did singles when Enzo went out with an injury. I think they could of kept him around and maybe changed him up a bit. Not a good heel.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Any more to Big Cass being released? I think that seems odd. He was doing great the first time he did singles when Enzo went out with an injury. I think they could of kept him around and maybe changed him up a bit. Not a good heel.

I heard on the Ring Rust podcast that it was probably just an amalgamation of stupid things that led to his release not one big incident.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
The rift in Bullet Club widened at G1 in San Francisco this weekend - only surprisingly it didn’t form between Omega and Cody. After Omega defeated Cody to retain the IWGP Heavyweight Title, Guerrilas of Destiny and Haku (yeah - THAT Haku. Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa of GoD are his sons) came out to “congratulate” Omega, only to turn on Omega and the Young Bucks. Scurll and Page came out to defend Omega and the Bucks only to get beat as well. BC Firing Squad (what they’re calling themselves) offered Cody a chance to join them, but he retaliated and he got beat as well. This whole event in effect buried the hatchet between Omega, the Bucks, Page, Scurll, and Cody, and the group are once again aligned under Omega.

It is unclear whether the rest of the BCOGs (the subgroup which Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa came from) - Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi, Chase Owens, and Hikuleo - fall in this.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
In other Bullet Club news, it’s looking like Vince McMahon will be leasing several Brinks trucks in the near future. It’s said that he’s going after Kenny Omega, Nick and Matt Jackson, and, surprisingly, Cody Rhodes, and he’s going to be throwing so much coin at them that they simply have no choice but to at least listen. It’s still “I’ll believe it when it actually happens” territory for me, but there are differences this time. As late as late 2017 Being The Elite (a YouTube web series made by Nick and Matt Jackson that also features Omega, Scurll, Page, and Cody) was feuding with WWE, but that is over and done with. Recently Omega and the Bucks faced off against New Day in a Street Fighter tournament - something WWE heavily promoted online. Then Omega recently said in an interview that it would be a shame if he never went up against current WWE talent (thinking like Seth Rollins and AJ Styles).

While money is obviously a big factor, the biggest sticking point would be creative freedom. All they have to do is look at Gallows and Anderson and Finn Balor to have plenty of reasons to stay as far away from WWE as possible. However, if they’re given the same creative freedom as New Day, things could get interesting.

What people in the know are saying is if WWE doesn’t sign Omega and the Bucks in January 2019, look for it to happen by 2020.

Cody Rhodes is the more interesting subject. Of the four, he was always the most likely to end up back in WWE one day - at least until he became a main event heel on the indies. He is currently enjoying being a main eventer in NJPW and ROH, something that’s likely to never happen, even as the American Nightmare. I still believe he will be back in WWE one day, maybe even as soon as January 2019, but I also think he has a lot of reasons to stay away.

This was much more fan discussing than it was actual rumor, but clearly they can’t bring Bullet Club with them to WWE. The discussion was perhaps if WWE brings in Omega, the Bucks, and Cody, they can reunite them with Finn Balor, AJ Styles, Gallows and Anderson, and perhaps even Adam Cole and the rest of Undisputed Era under the NWO nameplate. Keep in mind Bullet Club is openly endorsed by NWO. Kevin Nash has called them “just like NWO, only more talented”, and Scott Hall’s son was actually a Bullet Club member for awhile.

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
Dave and Adam's Card World is one of the largest sportscards distributors in the United States. I recently found some of their box and case breaks. This break is a case of 2018 Hit Parade Wrestling. I've seen some other Hit Parade box breaks and it seems that the company buys the autographed and player worn inserts and repackages them for sale. For Hit Parade Wrestling each box contains 2 autographs, mostly Topps since they have a WWE license. I don't know what the boxes cost but there are some nice cards pulled in this video.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
  • Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Angle has laid down an ultimatum for Brock Lesnar - show up at Raw tomorrow night, state when he's going to defend his title, or he's being stripped of the title.

And with that...

Finn Balor vs Baron Corbin

Reactions: Macloney