Report: 30+ teams could be punished for recruiting violations

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Any school with a player on those lists should be concerned as I am sure KU is as they try to sort out what has happened and what might happen in the future.

However, I am not a school; I am a fan of a school. Whether KU gets punished or not matters to KU; it does not matter to me. My concerns in life are family, work and health. KU basketball is a hobby I passionately love but a hobby. They'll have a team with some players on it coached by someone next year and I will follow them and cheer for them all the same regardless of what comes out in these investigations. So why worry?

Yeah, you really act like a guy not worried, spending all of this time in this thread on a rival's message board.

• Winner
Reactions: psychlone99

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Any school with a player on those lists should be concerned as I am sure KU is as they try to sort out what has happened and what might happen in the future.

However, I am not a school; I am a fan of a school. Whether KU gets punished or not matters to KU; it does not matter to me. My concerns in life are family, work and health. KU basketball is a hobby I passionately love but a hobby. They'll have a team with some players on it coached by someone next year and I will follow them and cheer for them all the same regardless of what comes out in these investigations. So why worry?

At least you admit Kansas should be concerned. I'm not a fan of cheaters

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I guarantee Izzo and Self are a lot more concerned than Prohm

The ISU program didn't start with Prohm. I would bet CSP is lily white but the prior administration has already had some shady assistant coach shenanigans with Lefty, and maybe MattA... MattA has lots of deep ties to that part of the game.

ISU fans need to get off their high horse with all things Hawk and JHawk and focus our attention on things that truly do matter - like CaliPAYME in Cantuckee.... THAT guy is a criminal as is Petino(s)... Those guys are the true sheet stains on college basketball.

• Disagree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Pardon me for not being big on hysterical overreactions. Boring, I know. Just enjoying tonight's historic win; maybe I'll get around to being worried later. Or maybe not.

I just hope Jackson isn't ruled ineligible and your historic wins remains historic. Be sure to really enjoy that win for the next few weeks.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
The ISU program didn't start with Prohm. I would bet CSP is lily white but the prior administration has already had some shady assistant coach shenanigans with Lefty, and maybe MattA... MattA has lots of deep ties to that part of the game.

ISU fans need to get off their high horse with all things Hawk and JHawk and focus our attention on things that truly do matter - like CaliPAYME in Cantuckee.... THAT guy is a criminal as is Petino(s)... Those guys are the true sheet stains on college basketball.

We can be on our high horse because we don't cheat like Kansas does

Reactions: RonBurgundy

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
I’m really interested how this whole thing is going to play out. The ncaa should just let players sign with agents in college

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I’m really interested how this whole thing is going to play out. The ncaa should just let players sign with agents in college

That seemed to be what Mark Emmert hinted at last night. He said that there will be a rule change coming, but didn’t describe any details, and that they hope to have it in place by next year. He also said that they (the NCAA) are not currently investigating AZ or any universities implicated in the Yahoo Sports Report and that the University of AZ is ultimately responsible for policing Sean Miller and any athletes implicated.

Here’s one article regarding Emmert and the mysterious rule change:
https://www.google.com/amp/collegeb...-regulating-agents-in-college-basketball/amp/

Here’s another article where he effectively says AZ needs to police themselves:
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...rt-pins-sean-miller-decision-arizona-wildcats

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
That seemed to be what Mark Emmert hinted at last night. He said that there will be a rule change coming, but didn’t describe any details, and that they hope to have it in place by next year. He also said that they (the NCAA) are not currently investigating AZ or any universities implicated in the Yahoo Sports Report and that the University of AZ is ultimately responsible for policing Sean Miller and any athletes implicated.

https://www.google.com/amp/collegeb...-regulating-agents-in-college-basketball/amp/

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...rt-pins-sean-miller-decision-arizona-wildcats
They knew this day would eventually come. I’m glad it’s finally getting exposed

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE

It's probably going to be a "mulligan" for everyone. Except the big schools and the schools that took advantage the most will benefit the most.
Now that we've put that unpleasantness behind us, let us never speak of this again. :confused:

D

Deleted member 8507

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017

Lol, shady shenanigans? You must have an agenda. Lefty isn’t even in the same realm as what’s at hand now. You might as well as include Jiri borrowing the hawk fans POS car.

The attention should be focused the replacement list for Self.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I would not be surprised if players are allowed, at some point, to remain in college and play while taking cash from third parties, like agents and shoe companies. That way it would all be out in the open. Taxes would be paid. Slimeball coaches would lose their advantage. And the black market would be neutered. Furthermore, it would not impact university balance sheets nor Title IX compliance.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Tuco after finding out Jackson was on there and he didn't see it

giphy.gif
[/QUOT
E]

No chance, he's still in denial after the DeSousa news.