Texas-Christian-University.png
vs
site.png

IOWA STATE (13-13, 4-10 BIG 12)
VS. TCU (18-9, 6-8 BIG 12)
WEDNESDAY, FEB. 21 | 7 P.M. CST
AMES, IOWA | HILTON COLISEUM (14,384)

Radio: Cyclone Radio Network
Talent: John Walters (pxp); Eric Heft (analyst)
TV: Cyclones.tv
Talent: John Walters (pxp); Eric Heft (analyst)

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Nobody wants a pity party, but under the circumstances with what our team is now dealing with....I would hope zero posters will come on here during/after the game tomorrow (regardless of outcome) and criticize the players or coaches. Is that too much to ask? Let's go out and support the guys we have left standing!

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Nobody wants a pity party, but under the circumstances with what our team is now dealing with....I would hope zero posters will come on here during/after the game tomorrow (regardless of outcome) and criticize the players or coaches. Is that too much to ask? Let's go out and support the guys we have left standing!

Yeah it'll be kind of fun as its an us vs the world mentality. Life happens.....come at us.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I guess it's good Iowa St gets the television money for this game, but I think it's a joke that any conference game is on Cyclone TV.

This has been the way it's been set up for a few years now with the third-tier rights. If it wasn't set up this way, Texas wouldn't be happy. As much as it pains me to say, if Texas wasn't happy, we wouldn't be a P5 school right now.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Looking forward to it as always.

Let’s see if Prohm can get these guys to play as a team and if he goes small-ball. Move Long into the starting lineup and use Brase/Beverly as sparingly as possible. It’ll be disappointing if Long and Lewis don’t see 20+ minutes.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Nothing to lose tonight. Hopefully the boys just go out and have fun and play inspired basketball and keep Brodziansky under 30 points.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Not much to ask for other than to play hard and play for each other. Who knows, maybe someone gets a hot hand and they have a shot at the end.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Looking forward to it as always.

Let’s see if Prohm can get these guys to play as a team and if he goes small-ball. Move Long into the starting lineup and use Brase/Beverly as sparingly as possible. It’ll be disappointing if Long and Lewis don’t see 20+ minutes.

It would be about the only thing I could complain about in the realm of coaching.

Let them dive in and find their footing and learn by doing.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
This has been the way it's been set up for a few years now with the third-tier rights. If it wasn't set up this way, Texas wouldn't be happy. As much as it pains me to say, if Texas wasn't happy, we wouldn't be a P5 school right now.

I agree mj4cy......Without the Horns this conference would crumble like a month old cookie in the wind.....I myself have nothing against the U of Taxass er Texas.....but I cannot stand their FanBase......they're like the hoks on steroids or meth........

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Thanks Rulzzz!!! We appreciate your tireless efforts to get us all jacked up. Uncle Randy wrote in the DM Rag this morning that Lewis is looking forward to contributing. Also a quote from Lewis' dad (who is also a coach), who appreciates what is son is going through and wants him to trust the system. He'll be a big contributor down the road.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
With our low numbers and no Solomon and questionable Brase....do you think we end up playing zone a lot to keep Lard on the floor? Not that you can't get fouls in a zone defense, too.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I get it. This is supposed to be a good thing that Iowa St gets to broadcast it, however I still don't like it. Texas wants some of their conference games on longhorn network, so they throw the rest of the league a bone once in awhile, by letting them broadcast a conference game once every couple years. But is Iowa St required to use Cyclone TV?

My issue is with Cyclone TV. I don't think it is quite good enough to handle exclusive rights to a conference game.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron