Big 12 Championship Game scenarios for Iowa State

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
These scenarios were more fun to think about a couple weeks ago when our chances for the championship game were much stronger.
Not disappointed, though. This has been a tremendously fun season, and probably the best season I've witnessed here.

• Agree
Reactions: harimad

Jerms

May 13, 2011
Atlantic, IA
These scenarios were more fun to think about a couple weeks ago when our chances for the championship game were much stronger.
Not disappointed, though. This has been a tremendously fun season, and probably the best season I've witnessed here.

I'm just amazed that there actually is still a scenario with 1 game to go.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

Yeah, it's right up there for sure. And one of the best parts about it is that with this coaching staff, it actually feels like it might be sustainable. Like this isn't some charmed one year ride and then back to the basement; they're going to be good again next year.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I wish it would be any team except Baylor that we need to win for us to have a chance. I have mixed feelings about being happy for a Baylor win this year.
It makes me think of having to root for Nebraska to get ISU into the Big 12 Championship game years ago. We needed kNU to win for our game to matter. I even wore a kNU sweatshirt I got as a gag gift.

I had a rash for a week.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
We'll know very quickly if there is a chance. TCU and Baylor play at 11am Friday.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I hope one of the site bookies creates a way for us to bet on those 4 scenarios!

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
What am I missing with the one scenario where OSU wins? Wouldn’t they still have the tiebreaker over us?

CyInDFW

Aug 14, 2015
Lewisville, TX
If anyone's offense is built to beat what Heacock is doing, it is purple kansas'. The don't have to be forced to be patient and just run the ball; that is what they always do.

True, but Heacock has tweaked the D to better suit our opponents before. I see us playing a 4 man front as a base Saturday and wouldn't be surprised to see us show a 4-3 alignment a lot as well with the Star up in a true LB spot.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I think OU would come out frothing at the mouth if they got a chance to play us again...

Ha can you imagine if we did get in and somehow beat them again? Would be awesome for us but awful for the Big 12.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Ha can you imagine if we did get in and somehow beat them again? Would be awesome for us but awful for the Big 12.

Yeah, I wouldn't feel real great about that game. Not that I felt good the first time but they're healthier now and I don't necessarily have a huge desire to be on the Baker Mayfield GFY tour.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: clone511 and mj4cy