*** Official IOWA STATE Vs Baylor Gameday Thread ***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Wasn't his knee. He stepped on his own **** and needed some quick stitches with no pain meds.

And then he ate some puppies and kittens for a protein boost and came back out to celebrate with his team.

That's the kind of leadership this program has lacked.

• Funny
Reactions: jdoggivjc

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
If they took an X-ray they must have thought he might have broken his foot..

But ye X-ray prob wouldnt tell if a ligament was ripped from the ankle or something i dont think anyway..

It woudl suck losing him for the year but i just hope its not so serious to end a career cause he is somethign special..

UraMallas

Jan 9, 2013
Also, unless I'm missing something, ISU is the the Big12 Championship Game if:

- We win
- OU defeats WV
- Baylor defeats TCU

Only one of those seems less than likely.

See, I think this is right. I haven't ever had to pay attention of tiebreaker rules for football because there has never been a championship game that we had a shot at, but if it is the same rules as basketball, we just need to make sure we tie all other teams besides OU.

• Agree
Reactions: cynuck

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
All an xray shows is bone issues. MRI for other things like ligaments. Only half way home to injuries line sprains, strains etc. Right now just coach talk time.
I don't think they were concerned about ligament damage. I think the trainers feared he broke his ankle or a bone in his leg.

• Agree
  • Optimistic
Reactions: jsb and isufbcurt

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
All an xray shows is bone issues. MRI for other things like ligaments. Only half way home to injuries line sprains, strains etc. Right now just coach talk time.

Haha, this might be the 5th person to reply with a good answer to a legit question concerning one of ISU's best football players maybe ever, and then one 'You need to shut the hell up'.

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
I don't think Campbell would have said anything about the xrays if the training staff thought there still might be something that an MRI would see.
Not so sure I agree. Spin positives and keep quiet on everything else. Coach Talk...

• Informative
Reactions: CyValley

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
X-rays clear are great, but there are still many injuries that don't show up in X rays and could sideline DM. Hopefully he is fine but I am still holding my breath.

When CMC said David "will be fine" he had a smile on his face and looked relaxed. So, is it possible the soft tissue exams were done and appeared to be ok? Or, does it require more time to evaluate?

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
I don't think they were concerned about ligament damage. I think the trainers feared he broke his ankle or a bone in his leg.

Bone is always first thing ruled out since xrays are easy and available in minutes. I believe we will see a ligament strain or some sort of tear. Bowl ready is best we can hope for in my opinion.

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
When CMC said David "will be fine" he had a smile on his face and looked relaxed. So, is it possible the soft tissue exams were done and appeared to be ok? Or, does it require more time to evaluate?

More time MRI. You know he didn't lie when he said David would be fine.......but what exactly does that mean.

• Informative
Reactions: CyValley

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Bone is always first thing ruled out since xrays are easy and available in minutes. I believe we will see a ligament strain or some sort of tear. Bowl ready is best we can hope for in my opinion.
He would have been on the way to the hospital and not back on the sidelines if there was a tear.