*** Official IOWA STATE Vs Baylor Gameday Thread ***

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Nancy, what do you think of the officiating today?
tenor.gif

Hey at least when Peavey pulled out the ball from the runner near the goal line, the refs didn't blow a whistle 5 seconds later and huddle together to decide that in hindsight the runner's progress had been stopped and so the play should have been called dead even though they had not blown any whistles yet because they were hoping, er I mean waiting, for the Texas, er I mean Baylor, runner to score.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
That was a terrible position he was twisted into. It would be highly unlikely that he could be 100% healthy in one week. Then, question is how much to play him next week. Bowl game is plenty of time depending on what actually is going on medically. Didn't mean to be Debbie Downer....Sorry ya all.

I've seen it though (maybe not 100%, but well enough to play effectively), usually with really well conditioned, flexible athletes (and a little luck). Meanwhile, if I turn my head wrong, I could be laid up for a week.

• Funny
Reactions: tolfbfan

clonedlion

Feb 28, 2013
That was the exact same defense we've been playing all day. And pretty much all season. And that's the intended result...make them pay attempting to go down the field. We'll give you the underneath stuff but we're trying to make sure they don't throw 6 on the board on a long pass.
What is funny is that it wasn't. IF you watch the entire second half, Baylor wasn't getting open that easy until that drive. I understand why they do it. It's a two score game and they don't want to give up a long TD. At the same time, ISU is lucky the fresh QB made the mistake he did.
I think we would all have been plenty uncomfortable if they waltzed down the field and scored a TD with 4 minutes to go in the game.

clonedlion

Feb 28, 2013
ISU has given up only 13 points all game and you're whining about how bad the defense is playing? Just stop.
A few people replied with a similar sentiment. I will say this, I wasn't complaining because the D played lights out They did. Much respect for that unit and the coaches.
What I was worried about is giving them too many easy yards when it was more work for Baylor all game until that drive. Fortunately, their fresh QB made a bad mistake, but nobody would be excited if they scored with 4 minutes to go to make it a one possession game with their easiest drive of the game.

cyfamily

Mar 19, 2015
Favorite Campbell quote from yesterday about getting stops when it looked like Baylor was threatening to grab control. " It defines what our football team's been all year and the great thing is, nobody can take that from us. I think everybody's waiting for us to fold on our end."

This team finds a way to win, no head hanging. The culture is changing. What a ride this year!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron