*** Official IOWA STATE Vs Texas Tech Gameday Thread ***

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Yeah, but how do you quantify that in penalty yards? You can't - the ball just gets put on the 35 yard line. Which is why maybe even though it's technically a penalty, it's not counted as one.

It's a ten yard penalty. Kickoff into endzone defaults at 25, kickoff out of bounds is ten yards. I think the stat guy just missed one.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Is this what good coaching feels like? Is this what winning feels like?
9w3yv.gif

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Some hidden yards today in interception returns and short fields for ISU. Box score doesn't really show how dominant the guys were...especially when rushing was even until Montgomery's last big run.

great game today. Not sure if TT would have gotten more than 10 points if the officials would have bothered to call half of the blatant holding calls. The one on Peavy in the backfield on their first TD was a head lock.

Cyclone5050

Dec 31, 2012
I think there's a lot of reasons that we are playing better as the season goes along. Last year we saw quite a bit of improvement as the season went along as well. Kempt isn't a world beater, but his presence in the lineup has caused us to rely on the running game more often, which should be one of our strengths IMHO. Seemed like we went pass first, second and third with Park in there. We've been able to keep our defense off the field more with sustained drives, keeping them fresh, and they are really playing well. That just my two.

If we aren't bowling this year, something went way wrong. But at this point, we're a contender for the conference title, as crazy as that sounds.

I'm loving this!

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
great game today. Not sure if TT would have gotten more than 10 points if the officials would have bothered to call half of the blatant holding calls. The one on Peavy in the backfield on their first TD was a head lock.

There was a late one where their guy was behind our guy, arm around his neck, while he stretched toward the quarterback. Pretty much impossible to miss if you’re watching the game.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I think there's a lot of reasons that we are playing better as the season goes along. Last year we saw quite a bit of improvement as the season went along as well. Kempt isn't a world beater, but his presence in the lineup has caused us to rely on the running game more often, which should be one of our strengths IMHO. Seemed like we went pass first, second and third with Park in there. We've been able to keep our defense off the field more with sustained drives, keeping them fresh, and they are really playing well. That just my two.

If we aren't bowling this year, something went way wrong. But at this point, we're a contender for the conference title, as crazy as that sounds.

I'm loving this!

I get where you're going with this but he has beaten the world so far.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Kempt isn't a world beater
I disagree. His accuracy and touch have been just what this receiving corps needed. Kempt hits the receivers in stride, and the ball is where their hands are. Seriously... nobody has seen the massive improvement in catch rate with him at QB1?

Park, bless his heart, had developed a case of the yips, and overthrows were happening far too often. I'll take Kempt and his so-called game management every time.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: GTO and TomTreebow

statsaholic

May 17, 2006
Sloan, Iowa
Kick out of bounds .. there is an option of penalty yards and re-kick OR take the ball with it administratively spotted, in this case at the 35.