New uniforms?

Cyke

Jun 22, 2011
Des Moines, IA
Absolutely love these. Also like that we only have the hilton magic waistband logo at home. These are simple, to the point, yet stylish and modern enough to keep the players and recruits happy. What a great combination of old and new.

• Agree
Reactions: LLCoolCY and Gibbon

Gibbon

Aug 20, 2013
Ames
Absolutely love these. Also like that we only have the hilton magic waistband logo at home. These are simple, to the point, yet stylish and modern enough to keep the players and recruits happy. What a great combination of old and new.
I agree so much with this. Hopefully the football team will follow suit with this thinking for next season.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale

For those complaining about the narrow shoulders it’s about movement not looks. The wide shoulders with small armholes on a tight jersey can be restricting. Narrow shoulder straps completely frees the shoulders for unrestricted motion.

A college buddy of mine that’s a college assistant has made comments that players far prefer playing in their practice jerseys to game jerseys. He’s said for awhile game jerseys went the route of fashion and forgot about function.

I get trying to get function maximized but I just don’t get that argument. Look at this picture. I just don’t see the improved movement with the smaller shoulders. This is a fashion decision.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Very nice, and they are cardinal and not maroon

That's what I don't get when everyone says our colors are cardinal and are soooo adamant about it. I don't know if any of you have never seen a cardinal or not, but when did cardinals become the burnt maroon USC copy cat color we have now? Yes our colors are cardinal and gold but where do we get off calling our current red, cardinal?

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
That's what I don't get when everyone says our colors are cardinal and are soooo adamant about it. I don't know if any of you have never seen a cardinal or not, but when did cardinals become the burnt maroon USC copy cat color we have now? Yes our colors are cardinal and gold but where do we get off calling our current red, cardinal?

http://www.brandmarketing.iastate.edu/brand-elements/color-palette/

https://apps-trademark.sws.iastate.edu/forms/athletics/data/708/isu_athletic_identity_usage.pdf

These two links should help at least a little :)

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014

Not really, I still have never seen a burnt maroon cardinal. Frankly the multi shade I State is the problem, in the above link I like the 2 tone plane cardinal and outlined gold IState logo, the 3D with multiple dark maroon shades is the problem. Should be 2 colors Cardinal and Gold and the Cardinal and Gold described, not the shades, Those dark colors and the multiple shades are the problem with all our logos, that's why there is no consistency with our gear. Not to mention we change what we define as cardinal every few years.

Reactions: cyclonepsycho23

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
The massively inconsistent reds between the I-State on the side of the shorts and the cardinal patterns elsewhere on the jersey is already annoying me terribly.

Multiple shades of the same basic color makes me want to drink paint thinner.
I-State logo has two shades of red. The darker red is usually the red of the garment, at least on Nike clothing. It's not inconsistent.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
New away uniforms

DMXZXO2UMAEYBUr.jpg

Outstanding.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky

That is not the same color as USC. These jerseys are probably the closest thing to cardinal we've had.

Mmbrooks

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2015
Montreal, QC

I like the statement on that page regarding colors that should not be used:

"Colors associated with other public institutions, such as the one on the eastern side of the state, should not be used. Even though gold is one of Iowa State's primary colors, use of black and gold together should be avoided. Purple is not within any of Iowa State's color palettes and should never be used."

Reactions: cjs24 and ILikeCy