Paperclip Game (Don't Play this Game)

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
So, I'm lost, what am I supposed to do now?

You've got a few things to do.
Start clicking Launch Probe button.
Obviously as you play tournaments your Yomi will increase. Use that to increase Probe Thrust.

I'm a little farther ahead but about the same place. Here's what mine looks like.

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-17_9-56-15.png
    upload_2017-10-17_9-56-15.png
    33.7 KB · Views: 37

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
My explored space remained at 0.000000000000000000% until I boosted Exploration up to 4 or 5. Once I boosted that, I was at 100% in another 20 minutes or so. I continued boosting it though-- I think it ended up at 14.
boosted mine to 10 and still nothing

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Need to get Combat and then have nonillion-ish probes to see the % go up quickly.

I had to step away (damn work!) and missed the beginning of combat, so the damned drifters killed all of my 120M probes, now I can't seem to get them started again.

Any advice?

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
No clue where to go from here. Can't get my explored % to move
You've got a ways to go before the exploration % will move.

Try this:
Set Speed and Exploration to 2 each.
Try to keep Self Replication and Hazard around 5-6 each.
Divide the rest on drone and factory production.

Also, you need to start boosting your Memory. You have plenty of processing.
Memory will need to be at 250.

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
Exploration is basically just about finding more material, AFAIK. Speed is what helps you explore space to move the % Explored needle. I got that up as quick as I could once I had combat and the yomi tournament going steady. Not that it's for sure necessary, but I think I had in the quadrillions of probes (if not much, much more) and speed about 9 or 10 before the % Explored needle even started moving.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I had to step away (damn work!) and missed the beginning of combat, so the damned drifters killed all of my 120M probes, now I can't seem to get them started again.

Any advice?
I had trouble with that too as I got combat then went to bed and left it open, it took me forever to figure out how to get started again because I would lose every combat as there were over 1.15 billion drifter probes and you don't see the numbers go up or down when it's that many so I didn't know I was making progress.

I put everything on 1 except for Self-Replication around 10, Hazard Remediation 2-3 and the rest Combat. As you get more Honor and Trust, put into Combat. If you are staying steady or increasing probes, start putting into Combat. If your probes go low, lower Combat and put into Self-Replication. Pretty much going to lose Combat for awhile anyway to start, so better to just put it into spawning more probes.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I had trouble with that too as I got combat then went to bed and left it open, it took me forever to figure out how to get started again because I would lose every combat as there were over 1.15 billion drifter probes and you don't see the numbers go up or down when it's that many so I didn't know I was making progress.

I put everything on 1 except for Self-Replication around 10, Hazard Remediation 2-3 and the rest Combat. As you get more Honor and Trust, put into Combat. If you are staying steady or increasing probes, start putting into Combat. If your probes go low, lower Combat and put into Self-Replication. Pretty much going to lose Combat for awhile anyway to start, so better to just put it into spawning more probes.
awesome, that appears to have worked. thanks!

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
You've got a ways to go before the exploration % will move.

Try this:
Set Speed and Exploration to 2 each.
Try to keep Self Replication and Hazard around 5-6 each.
Divide the rest on drone and factory production.

Also, you need to start boosting your Memory. You have plenty of processing.
Memory will need to be at 250.

Question about memory. In my first game, one of the swarm gifts I received was "NaN." With that gift, I was able to grant infinite trust to both procs and memory. I think I got tired of clicking after my procs and memory were both at 1000.

I haven't seen anyone else mention this, and then when you mentioned boosting memory to 250, is the first time that I thought my experience might be unique here. Has anybody else seen the "NaN" swarm gift?

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Been stuck here for a hot minute. Suggestions? This is my second run through and don't remember where to go from here.

EDIT: my screenshot isn't showing up. Give me a moment.

EDIT to the EDIT: Nevermind. Combat is up and running now.

Last edited:

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Just how big is the universe?

I'm still at 0.000000000000% explored with over 100 duodecillion g available or used.

Attachments

• paperclip.PNG
    paperclip.PNG
    42.1 KB · Views: 10

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Just how big is the universe?

I'm still at 0.000000000000% explored with over 100 duodecillion g available or used.

There are 30,000 sexdecillion paper clips in the universe. So the % is all based on what percentage you have of that number.

• Informative
Reactions: bawbie

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Question about memory. In my first game, one of the swarm gifts I received was "NaN." With that gift, I was able to grant infinite trust to both procs and memory. I think I got tired of clicking after my procs and memory were both at 1000.

I haven't seen anyone else mention this, and then when you mentioned boosting memory to 250, is the first time that I thought my experience might be unique here. Has anybody else seen the "NaN" swarm gift?
I've played twice and never got that.
Lucky...