NCAA BASKETBALL CORRUPTION SCHEME

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
There is also another angle here. Adidas (ticker addy) was booking the payments as sponsorship of an AAU program. This will flow into an SEC investigation for questionable accounting. I would be shocked if it didn't.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

Lamoni

Jan 11, 2017
I heard this about Le'Bryan Nash back when McDermott was recruiting him out of high school.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
There is also another angle here. Adidas (ticker addy) was booking the payments as sponsorship of an AAU program. This will flow into an SEC investigation for questionable accounting. I would be shocked if it didn't.
It's gonna be hard to really differentiate that, unless it is painfully obvious or poorly covered up, due to the Adidas Circuit and teams lobbying for moving from Nike to Adidas to Under Armour year in and year out.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
Since some of you were discussing KU and the shoe company here is one fan's comment from their stadium thingy. Just saying Adidas and KU are friends. We may find out if "with benefits"

"Aaron Paisley 3 days, 16 hours ago
That Adidas deal is huge. That will put KU 5th in terms of richest apparel deals at $13.64 million per year which is basically double the current deal. Anybody who thinks KU should go back to Nike needs to be aware that Nike doesn't pay for basketball schools. Kentucky just signed a new deal last year with Nike that pays them about $3.5 million per year. UNC has pretty much the same deal as Kentucky.

Adidas is currently the best option for Kansas because we are now the flagship school for Adidas and that is a big deal."

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Here is what Pitino trying to distract from the scandal he was supposed to be addressing with the prostitutes.

“Fifteen-plus years ago, a plane went through the World Trade Center,” Pitino continues, “and it altered the life of my family completely.”

lol ok, so your family member died on 9/11 therefore you didn't know about prostitutes?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
That's what I find interesting - the UNC thing wasn't a major story, in part because there weren't high profile arrests, etc. If these guys start flipping, if Head Coaches, or maybe even the NCAA, are on tape as complicit, does that spur them to act where they wouldn't when it was outside the judicial system?

This. When it is just NCAA violations the worst that can happen is a guy gets fired and moves to another school and hits the reset button. Federal charges will get guys to talk cause they are facing actual jail time. This might get REALLY interesting.