NCAA BASKETBALL CORRUPTION SCHEME

Dingus

May 23, 2013
Schools that come to mind that punch above their weight in recruiting or really improved recruiting the last few years:

UNLV, NC State, Miami, Florida St, USC, Auburn, Missouri, Arizona, Washington. Duke and UK been way ahead of the pack too, though it's Duke and UK of course.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
There is also another angle here. Adidas (ticker addy) was booking the payments as sponsorship of an AAU program. This will flow into an SEC investigation for questionable accounting. I would be shocked if it didn't.

I don't remember where I read it now, but I believe much of this started when someone busted by the SEC offered up evidence of payments.

• Agree
Reactions: isufbcurt

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Oregon should be looked at as well.

And Sean Miller definitely knows what's up. Why do you think he sweats so bad?
DKqmvnaVAAYUaj0.jpg

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
There is also another angle here. Adidas (ticker addy) was booking the payments as sponsorship of an AAU program. This will flow into an SEC investigation for questionable accounting. I would be shocked if it didn't.

I read that the SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission) is the one who took it to the FBI.

• Informative

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Also, some speculation that player #12 might be Immanuel Quickley who has committed to Kentucky (Nike) and was known to be Kentucky bound for quite sometime. He did at one time have a Miami visit scheduled. The complaint alleges that Gatto and others were telling Miami coach that to get player #12 they would at least have to pay 150k because a rival apparel branded school was already committed to paying his family a substantial sum. Other option might be Nasir Little and the Nike school could be Arizona.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Auburn signed the #11 recruiting class in 2016, seriously screw Bruce Pearl. What a complete sleaze ball, this is his 3rd run in with major violations. I'm m most excited for them and Louisville to get absolutely railed after this is over.

Last edited:

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Since some of you were discussing KU and the shoe company here is one fan's comment from their stadium thingy. Just saying Adidas and KU are friends. We may find out if "with benefits"

"Aaron Paisley 3 days, 16 hours ago
That Adidas deal is huge. That will put KU 5th in terms of richest apparel deals at $13.64 million per year which is basically double the current deal. Anybody who thinks KU should go back to Nike needs to be aware that Nike doesn't pay for basketball schools. Kentucky just signed a new deal last year with Nike that pays them about $3.5 million per year. UNC has pretty much the same deal as Kentucky.

Adidas is currently the best option for Kansas because we are now the flagship school for Adidas and that is a big deal."

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that any school tied to Adidas is probably sweating right now.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Also, some speculation that player #12 might be Immanuel Quickley who has committed to Kentucky (Nike) and was known to be Kentucky bound for quite sometime. He did at one time have a Miami visit scheduled. The complaint alleges that Gatto and others were telling Miami coach that to get player #12 they would at least have to pay 150k because a rival apparel branded school was already committed to paying his family a substantial sum. Other option might be Nasir Little and the Nike school could be Arizona.

Nothing like getting popped because you lost a bidding war.

• Agree

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I am shocked it would take this long.

You would have thought this would have happened at some point...

Upstanding coach, how about we call him Hred Foiberg, recruiting against a corrupt coach, how about we call him something like ULNV...

Foiberg: "Alright, son, all ready to commit?"

Recruit: "Nah, Coach ULNV said they'd give me $200,000. You gonna match it?"

Foiberg: "No way. That's against the rules and corrupt. Plus, you are hurting your long-run earning power considering the ins I can give you in the NBA."

Recruit: "Alright, see you later."

Foiberg: *flabbergasted at first, but then later thinks it through, and then picks up the phone and calls the FBI, given Mr. ULNV works for a public school and, as others have pointed out, this probably does something to run afoul of bribery or tax laws somehow*

I mean, nobody has rolled hard on the rest of the system after losing a recruiting battle or seeing a recruit double-cross them after a payment or a promise made?

You would have figured somebody would have felt jilted and squawked.

• Creative
Reactions: DurangoCy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron