Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
The runts pitched a shut out today. During one play, I think my biggest kid was as big as their smallest. About 2/3rds have ADHD I think. Pure cat herding. Thought one of the other coaches was going to fight a ref so I had to defuse it by drawing his attention to me.

Wanted to give you a like settled for informative, because of the coach/ref fight. What was that all about? Congrats on the win.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Wanted to give you a like settled for informative, because of the coach/ref fight. What was that all about? Congrats on the win.

Need to clarify it was the other teams coach. Had dealt with him when I lived in that town. Silver spooner that I think wants to be an alpha dog but isn't so he tries to go nuts and bully people. I wouldn't call me an alpha, but I don't care for bullying.

His team was losing and I think he dooesnt understand basic football, these youth rules or something. Being smaller I run an odd looking defense designed to rattle the qb and string things out. I think one point of this (basic speed defense move) was driving him nuts and he was calling illegal defense, and went nuts on one doughboy ref. So I yelled at him that if he thinks my kids are doing something wrong, tell me and I will fix it, he shut up at that point. Many people say I have a POd look anytime I'm serious and it shuts people up.

Edit: one other small info piece. One coach is allowed to be on the field for defense and one for offense. I run the defense so this all happened in the middle of the field.

Reactions: VeloClone and NWICY

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Being all passive aggressive on FB today/tonight. Liking a lot of thoughtful comments from more liberal friends (including several that are ministers). Ignoring some comments from very rah rah 'Murica boots & flags family members. Resisting the urge to comment on them. I'm sure they know what I think - no need to start a blended family war.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Game on in the background round. Chris collinsworth says some really odd things when you don't know the situation he talks about.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So a bit of an update. The decision was made late Friday night to induce MrsWx due to high BP. Our little girl made her grand entrance at 11:01PM at 6lb 4oz. Everyone is doing great. I tried to post a picture but CF doesn’t like the size of it.

Congrats. Great having one of each at least. As long as they are healthy you can't ask for anything more.

• Winner
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
So a bit of an update. The decision was made late Friday night to induce MrsWx due to high BP. Our little girl made her grand entrance at 11:01PM at 6lb 4oz. Everyone is doing great. I tried to post a picture but CF doesn’t like the size of it.

So happy everyone is doing well. Congrats!

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
eh 8/10 on bets this weekend. I've learned that it really isn't hard, especially when you're living betting on a game that you're watching
This is the last I'm going to say on this.
If it really wasn't hard everybody would win. When it comes to gambling there are winners and losers. The only consistent winner is the house or in this case the bookie.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Wx--congrats on the baby girl! With 14yrs experience and 4 of them, I got your back.

Went to volleyball, good game. Rhodes is going to be fun to watch. Saw former player Morgan Kuhrt in the stands, almost went stalker fan on her. Our daughter who currently is a helper loved her last year, Morgan gave her her little game ball they throw out on her last home game at Hilton.

Second weekend of softball. Always takes time to adjust to a new team/coach but you would think as girls get older the players would get better. Not sure how some of these girls made it through tryouts. They act and play like they should be on a 5th grade rec team, not 16U. Visible to any fan who watches.

Thought I was doing good this morning getting everyone where they needed to be with what they needed for the day when one reminded me 4min before the bus I needed to make the 1st grader's lunch. Oops.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Me too, wxman! I'm 38 years into it, with 5 daughters, and I can tell you that nothing ever made me prouder.

On another topic, the antibiotics are starting to work. I still feel tired and weak, but I'm going to get on top of this crap. I need to be 100% to enjoy our big upcoming win on Thursday against the hungry heifers.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Some people abuse the take a penny/leave a penny or place the toilet paper in the wrong direction. I refuse to read junk email notifications and like to watch the world burn.
I think you need to repost your product placement ad for the enjoyment of all.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
The "go to the doctor" thing is easily offset by the "never ending honeydo" list.
Here's the thing with a honey-do list. Just keep putting it off, because I can guarantee, as soon as you do one thing, another gets added.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Me too, wxman! I'm 38 years into it, with 5 daughters, and I can tell you that nothing ever made me prouder.

On another topic, the antibiotics are starting to work. I still feel tired and weak, but I'm going to get on top of this crap. I need to be 100% to enjoy our big upcoming win on Thursday against the hungry heifers.

You RTT's in Iowa might want to consider taking his stuff by force. He's not ded but is weakened. For me, I am curious as to how much of my stuff is still there when I get back today. Pants had over three days to ransack the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron