Big Brother Season 19

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Sure Paul got gifts but he was also a huge target and the only vet.

He also survived 11 weeks after those gifts and never was put on the block. Sure he's not the favorite of a lot of people, but its not his fault everyone else was so starstruck and dumb.

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
I don't necessarily agree. If CBS really loved him, they would have edited Josh's goodbye messages to not expose Paul's lies.
The jury interview could be broken down to this; Paul = puppet master, Josh = aggressive bully. Everyone (sans Cody) was riding the coattails of the vet who had played the game once already. Why else were people so willing to float along with his plans without question? Plus, the showing of Josh's and Paul's goodbye messages happened after all of the final votes were cast.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I hate when people say he got robbed. The game is not to get everyone kicked out. The game is to make it to the end and not piss off the jury. That is the game.

I guess people think that if you run around lying and get people voted out that you are good at this game. No. Just no. If you are good at this game you avoid getting voted out of the game and not piss off the people who did get voted out. You need to make a few good moves here and there. However, Paul was having people throw contests for no reason. Like the one where everyone basically just jumped out of the starting blocks. What is the point of having everyone throw it when you can just talk to whomever wins it and have them put up whomever you want? He made them all feel like idiots. That loses you the game

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I hate when people say he got robbed. The game is not to get everyone kicked out. The game is to make it to the end and not piss off the jury. That is the game.

I guess people think that if you run around lying and get people voted out that you are good at this game. No. Just no. If you are good at this game you avoid getting voted out of the game and not piss off the people who did get voted out. You need to make a few good moves here and there. However, Paul was having people throw contests for no reason. Like the one where everyone basically just jumped out of the starting blocks. What is the point of having everyone throw it when you can just talk to whomever wins it and have them put up whomever you want? He made them all feel like idiots. That loses you the game

They felt like idiots because they played stupidly. Sorry, if you trusted him completely, even though you saw that he was talking to everybody else, that is on you. Not Paul.
Like Elena and Mark, they wanted to work with Paul so badly and were basically just butt-hurt that he didn't work with them. Paul did make some mistakes but what did he do to Cody? Nothing. He straight up told Cody he didn't like him and was going to get him out and did. The only reason Cody didn't like him is that he doesn't understand anyone that is not a robot and he was jealous of Paul.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
They felt like idiots because they played stupidly. Sorry, if you trusted him completely, even though you saw that he was talking to everybody else, that is on you. Not Paul.
Like Elena and Mark, they wanted to work with Paul so badly and were basically just butt-hurt that he didn't work with them. Paul did make some mistakes but what did he do to Cody? Nothing. He straight up told Cody he didn't like him and was going to get him out and did. The only reason Cody didn't like him is that he doesn't understand anyone that is not a robot and he was jealous of Paul.

It was Pauls job to try and get Cody to like him though. That is the other part of the game. Even if it's fake

CycloneGamecock

Apr 13, 2006

Wanna know how I know you didn't watch live feeds?

• Funny
Reactions: mj4cy

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
It was Pauls job to try and get Cody to like him though. That is the other part of the game. Even if it's fake
Cody said entering the game before he even met Paul that he hated him. Not sure there was a way to win Cody over. Cody tried to **** Paul early and it blew up in his face so then he tried to **** Christmas. He was dumb and lucky he even got jury.

Reactions: mj4cy

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Truthfully, I wish they added one more detail to decide who wins big brother. They jury would be the exact same but the people eliminated before jury can cast votes too but can't ask any questions to the finalists. This could also offset some of the bitterness from the jury imo.

• Dislike
Reactions: isufbcurt

CycloneGamecock

Apr 13, 2006
Ok what did he do to him?

I mean his whole plan was to get Cody so mad that he would punch Josh and get kicked out. This went on for weeks, it wasn't just a brief innocent backyard yelling period like CBS showed. The constantly berating him about making up his military history and calling him a coward for that was over the line for me personally too. Then towards the end he found out Cody had a daughter (from Mark or Elana, I forget) and was bashing him and saying he was a ****** father etc etc to his minions. All this said I doubt Cody would have liked him anyway.

Paul needlessly had his herd isolate a person each week and make their life hell before they left, even his own alliance members towards the end (especially Kevin). Then he didn't own up to any of it.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I mean his whole plan was to get Cody so mad that he would punch Josh and get kicked out. This went on for weeks, it wasn't just a brief innocent backyard yelling period like CBS showed. The constantly berating him about making up his military history and calling him a coward for that was over the line for me personally too. Then towards the end he found out Cody had a daughter (from Mark or Elana, I forget) and was bashing him and saying he was a ****** father etc etc to his minions. All this said I doubt Cody would have liked him anyway.

Paul needlessly had his herd isolate a person each week and make their life hell before they left, even his own alliance members towards the end (especially Kevin). Then he didn't own up to any of it.

Ok, Cody was a **** to Paul from the moment Paul walked into the house. He isn't the first houseguest to try and mess with people to mess their games up. See Evil **** and countless others. Cody was a complete hot head and a **** too. Which is why Jess questioned if she could be with him when he was about to attack Paul. I can't stand the guy. And whether it was over the line is I guess a matter of opinion. I don't think it was.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I get why people think Paul was a ****. I just don't get why people didn't think Cody was just because he got picked on after trying to screw members of his own alliance. All those people didn't just decide to hate Cody because Paul said to, he was hate-able.

• Agree
Reactions: isufbcurt

CycloneGamecock

Apr 13, 2006
Ok, Cody was a **** to Paul from the moment Paul walked into the house. He isn't the first houseguest to try and mess with people to mess their games up. See Evil **** and countless others. Cody was a complete hot head and a **** too. Which is why Jess questioned if she could be with him when he was about to attack Paul. I can't stand the guy. And whether it was over the line is I guess a matter of opinion. I don't think it was.

He tweets a ton so it would be hard to go back that far, but go see Evel Dicks twitter on Cody vs Paul and how what Paul did relates to what Evel **** did. He thought it was completely over the line and Cody showed a ton of restraint not kicking Paul's ass. Most former BB players thought this from what I've seen.

I mean if you don't watch live feeds or keep up from twitter you pretty much see what CBS wants you to see, so we can agree to disagree.

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
Truthfully, I wish they added one more detail to decide who wins big brother. They jury would be the exact same but the people eliminated before jury can cast votes too but can't ask any questions to the finalists. This could also offset some of the bitterness from the jury imo.

Season 3 is why they don't do that.

The cast was SUPER bitter about Danielle mocking them in the DR.

TruClone

Mar 25, 2009
Quad Cities
Loved the jury question about Paul bullying. Awesome to see him get called out about that. You could tell he wasn't pleased.

And absolutely loved Cody winning America's vote! One final twist of the knife to Paul.
He still did not admit he did any bullying. What a joke, he used Josh all the time to instigate crap. Then he would jump around like an idiot. Early on what they did to Jessica and Cody was uncalled for.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron