Big Brother Season 19

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Surprised I haven't seen a thread for this. Wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the season as I know there are a ton of BB fans. The BB subredit is also very active which is fun.

Also wondering if people wanted to do a draft with some houseguest to see who makes it the farthest/win comps/etc.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Alex telling Cody to eat **** was pretty funny. I thought she'd be weird but that turned it around for me. They need to stop with trying to play off everyone's gimmick though. You can tell in the DR she must say shes a gamer in every sentence and they feed her puns.

Cody scares me though, he is so emotionless. I feel like he's a good candidate to just snap some night, and not in a good way.

• Agree
Reactions: State43

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I started out not really a fan of Alex but when she told Cody to eat **** she won me over.

And seriously a Rodeo Clown Cowboy guy from Iowa? Good god!!

Right now I am cheering on Mark, Christmas, Alex, Paul and Jessica

Actively cheering against Cody, Jillian, Jason and Megan

Kevin is a creepy old guy. Josh is annoying but not so much that I am cheering against him yet.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I like Mark, Mathew, Christmas, and Alex. There is some good eye candy in the house too!

Kevin is freaking creepy all around, from trying to talk that kid down when he was "nervous", and taking his shirt off at the competition. Overplayed that one but nobody seemed to care.

I like Paul but was really hoping for no vets this year. They knew someone would take the deal, and once again they have a vet that they gave way to much power to at the start. He got to pick 8 to be safe, and he'll win that first america's vote thing for 3 weeks of safety.

Jillian is boring as can be. They gave her a lot of screen time the first episode with being so boring, so I figured she was getting the ax. Felt bad for Cameron but he didn't do anything to help himself, especially as a "super fan".

Jason won't be as bad when they stop with the persona and pun crap. I'm guessing he'll ditch the hat and talk normal eventually.

Dominique is going to get really annoying with the jesus talk. "Let jesus pick who I send home" dear god.

The wife and I also had fun guessing who had real and fake boobs at the start.

• Funny
Reactions: isufbcurt

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Cody seems like a douche, he was originally from Iowa, but I don't like him.

I'm cheering for Christmas, I thought she'd be a *****, but seems pretty nice/smart so far, but no choosing a comp wasn't the best move for her.

Overall the characters don't show their true colors until a few weeks in, so I'll wait until then, otherwise I'll cheer for Paul.

• Winner
Reactions: riceville98

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Cody seems like a douche, he was originally from Iowa, but I don't like him.

I'm cheering for Christmas, I thought she'd be a *****, but seems pretty nice/smart so far, but no choosing a comp wasn't the best move for her.

Overall the characters don't show their true colors until a few weeks in, so I'll wait until then, otherwise I'll cheer for Paul.

Ya not playing in the comp seemed pretty risky, but I think it paid off as she got the least votes. She wants to come off less like superwoman, but I think everyone kinda saw through it too. She's in good f'n shape.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Whoever casted this thing has a boob fetish this year. The first episode sucked. I hate the fake key find segment. I hate that they gave the Bearded guy Paul so much power and treated him like he was some sort of celebrity.

How did the incredibly boring guy make it onto the show. Seriously I get that he is a good looking guy but could they not get a good looking guy with personality?

Oh well the first episode always sucks to me.

BTW I would be super pissed off if I planned on being on this show and got voted off the first night because you guessed the wrong ball. Then was voted off by a bunch of people who did not even know you. I thought that was harsh.

Also, I hate that Every other word out of Christmas's mouth has to do with Crossfit.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Haha yup, lot of nice racks going on this year!

Hopefully it tapers off and is more normal when it comes to gimmicks. It's like ******* D&D cosplay with Den Of Temptation and Pendent of Protection, not to mention the snake thing.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
My first impressions, I like these guys
Paul - Obviously. He is shaping up to be one of they all time favorites which is funny because I hated his guts the first few weeks of his first season.
Jason - Huge rodeo nerd but will sure to be entertaining
Matthew - Seems alright, normal
Raven - Huge dork but it works for me.

I don't care for so far
Cody - Way too serious, almost no personality. I echo above, he seems like he will snap at some point.
Jillian - Annoying and will drive me nuts I'm sure
Josh - I facepalm everytime this dummy talks
Kevin - Hey man, your 55. Take it easy on the tanning bed.
Megan - She will be this season's version of talk up her game and abilities only to fail.

and don't know quite yet about Alex, Christmas, Dominique, Elena, Jessica, Mark, Ramses
I get why they gave Paul all that power and safety to start, he is the obvious #1 target in the house. By making everyone grovel for safety and him being able to award 8 people with it, this gives him a chance to form relationships to lesson the target on his back.

Reactions: Farnsworth

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
BTW I dislike pretty much everyone on the show that is way over the top right now. Like Paul last year. The first episodes I wanted him voted out immediately. So annoying. Then he calmed down and started playing and basically became the guy I wanted to win. Right now Raven is that. I hate when people tell everyone what they are or try to show that they are this Quirky/crazy individual. Hopefully she calms down and settles into it and quits trying to put on a show.

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
Big BB Fan here. I'd be up for a draft or something if anyone else it

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I'd host a BB thing on here sometime if people wanted to. I figure after back to back wins, I better retire as champ ;)

My thoughts:

-I had a crappy day yesterday and the one thing that kept me going was knowing I'd get some BB. No matter how crappy the people seem at first, it's still a nice escape from life.

-It's always funny how I look for eye candy and want the hot girls to stick around for awhile but then a couple weeks in, I stop caring about how people look and its all about game.

-Christmas probably had the worst ever attempt to "throw" a challenge. She's attractive but too muscular for my taste. I too think it was dumb for her not to compete, but she only got 2 votes so she knew something I didn't.

-I think if Cameron didn't wear glasses, he would look less "smart" as weird as that sounds and would have a better chance to stay in the house.

-Megan does nothing for me and is unfortunately going to go far as she's going to be a shield/pawn for heavy hitters.

-Cody has a neutral zone brain. Not much going in or out. He doesn't take advantage of his time with Paul then gets mad when Paul doesn't pick him. I did like his comment on how he wasn't going to use a sob story as a reason to vote someone else.

-I'm all about Jesus, but I doubt he cares about who wins Big Brother but maybe more about how you carry yourself/treat others (beyond game moves). So I get annoyed when people say "Jesus would want me to vote this person out". No Jesus would want you to use your brain and realize you're playing a life size social game. And why does BB always pick the black girl as the religious one? Ever notice that?

-Couldn't stand Paul last year at the start then he grew on me big time. He got robbed the title last year.

-I'm intrigued by Alex. I hope she makes it far.

-Something about Elena works for me. Cute but seems to be playing the game subtly. Want to see more of what she can do.

-Jason is just over the top right now. Hope he calms down. If he wasn't from Iowa I probably wouldn't care if he goes home soon.

-Jillian doesn't seem to add to the show in any way shape or form. Wish she had been voted out.

-Josh appears to be an idiot and dear lord I hope he stays for awhile because he's a ticking time bomb.

-I don't mind Kevin yet. Sure he's the old creepy guy, but something about him has me interested in his game.

-Mark and Matthew seem cool. We really need to see an HoH/POV cycle to get a read on people.

-Raven is a nerd yet I like her. Maybe because she's a cute redhead.

southernfriedCY

Feb 11, 2009
I'd host a BB thing on here sometime if people wanted to. I figure after back to back wins, I better retire as champ ;)

-Jason is just over the top right now. Hope he calms down. If he wasn't from Iowa I probably wouldn't care if he goes home soon.

I know Jason, what you see is what you get. I've never met a more "feel good" person in my life.

Reactions: xrayhawk

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I know Jason, what you see is what you get. I've never met a more "feel good" person in my life.

Yeah I'm definitely excited to see what he can do. I think I wouldn't be myself at first in the house either. Just so many emotions going through your head. You're starting over in your social world and you have to play a game on top of adjusting to a new life for awhile.

• Agree
Reactions: 2020cy

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
You guys heard of cosplay?
....crickets....
How about waiting at least a week to bring that **** out?

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Gay guy, Religious black lady, old guy, Cowboy, Did they forget southern bell type this year?
Southern bell types are Raven and Elena. Since the old guy has tats I put him in the tat category.

I really want to see how far Megan goes with her "interrogation tactics" she spoke of.

Reactions: Knownothing

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron