Big Brother Season 19

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
How did you not see Cody was going to vote for Josh? Cody said early in the game he would never vote for Paul to win. So when Cody went to vote and said "I'm keeping my word" I knew he was voting for Josh.

You could tell Alex was pissed at Paul because every time he spoke she made a smirk or sarcastic laugh.

I was really surprised Mark and Elena voted for Josh. As soon as they showed Mark voted for Josh I knew he would win because the only votes left were Cody and Elena (and you knew Elena would vote Josh since Paul did).

The other funny thing is the couples voted together, Alex/Jason = Josh, Matt/Raven = Paul, Mark/Elena = Josh.

Did anyone else notice Raven hanging all over Paul's arm making suck face while Matt was standing behind them as the third wheel? Awkward!!

He said many times on the live feed and in interviews after the BB house he'd vote for Paul based on gameplay even though he didn't like Paul.

If you go back and watch last night, you can see Cody's expression of disgust during Paul's first answer where he denied bullying tactics. To me right there was when Cody decided to vote for Josh.

• Agree
Reactions: cmjh10

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
What's everyone's thoughts on Paul having some hand in Celebrity Big Brother this winter? Not necessarily a houseguest (or maybe), but just some form of involvement?

Great if he wants to host a comp or be a coach.

Not great if he plays. I want all celebs or people that have don'e it before.

I think we've learned you just can't mix vets and newbies without going all or nothing. Just creates the awe factor which turns into minions and then a bitter jury.

• Agree
Reactions: ISpyCy

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
The only thing I saw last night was the jury talking before the last eviction. When Raven said anything, it made my brain hurt. I guess Paul should have thought "Gee, all the jurors are gonna talk and finally realize what I had done, but hey I'm Paul and I played them all and played the best game, so why shouldn't I win?"

Josh made the best move by taking Paul as he realized he stood a better chance at winning. I don't think the jury would have let Christmas win as she skated through most of the challenges by not playing. The jury made that pretty obvious.

• Agree
Reactions: dahliaclone

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
The only thing I saw last night was the jury talking before the last eviction. When Raven said anything, it made my brain hurt. I guess Paul should have thought "Gee, all the jurors are gonna talk and finally realize what I had done, but hey I'm Paul and I played them all and played the best game, so why shouldn't I win?"

Josh made the best move by taking Paul as he realized he stood a better chance at winning. I don't think the jury would have let Christmas win as she skated through most of the challenges by not playing. The jury made that pretty obvious.

To Paul's defense he's never watched Big Brother so probably didn't understand how the jury house works. Josh knew damn well the jury would be talking so he made sure to own his game in goodbye messages. Paul should have at least watched the last season as he made similar mistakes and wound up getting 2nd yet again.

Paul was fun as hell to watch, but in the end its not just about getting to the end. You have to play the social game too.

• Agree
Reactions: cycloner29

cykee05

Jul 21, 2017
The jury is part of the game as well. As a player you need to know that bitterness is a reaction some voter will have and you need to do you best to manage that. Coming clean in the goodbye messages may have helped Paul's cause because it would have ended the lies to that houseguest and maybe helped them understand. I was more happy Paul lost rather than Josh winning.

• Agree
Reactions: Ryan4069

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I didn't like either Josh or Paul. Both were extremely annoying in their own ways. I thought Josh was insane for voting Christmas out. And how ironic that they pulled Cody's key last and he was the decider...he had said there is no way he could ever vote for Paul. He stuck to his word.

I feel bad for Paul...kind of...but not really. Coming in second two years in a row and this year he was never on the block. Never! That's insane especially for a player that had played before. I feel bad for him because it's Josh he lost to...he's ******* awful. I can't stand listening to him talk/scream/sob.

I will say that is probably the most idiotic/simplistic/naive/sore loser group of houseguests that's ever been on. They were so bitter.

I sat there last night and they were all talking about how they made good friends and it hurt if someone stabbed them in the back. At what point do they lose common sense and forget this is a GAME. It blows my mind that for most of them, they lose sight of the real reason the are there.

I'm somewhat interested in seeing the 'celebrities' that are on the show this winter.

• Agree
Reactions: State43

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
What's everyone's thoughts on Paul having some hand in Celebrity Big Brother this winter? Not necessarily a houseguest (or maybe), but just some form of involvement?

His time has come and gone. And he is not a celebrity

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I also found it funny that Christmas played herself as being so nice. She was one of the main ones that was doing all the harassing. She is the one that said "Lets start questioning Cody's military history". It will also be interesting to hear the pushback she gets on her fake Nascar tire changing story.

• Agree
Reactions: michaelrr1

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I didn't like either Josh or Paul. Both were extremely annoying in their own ways. I thought Josh was insane for voting Christmas out. And how ironic that they pulled Cody's key last and he was the decider...he had said there is no way he could ever vote for Paul. He stuck to his word.

I feel bad for Paul...kind of...but not really. Coming in second two years in a row and this year he was never on the block. Never! That's insane especially for a player that had played before. I feel bad for him because it's Josh he lost to...he's ******* awful. I can't stand listening to him talk/scream/sob.

I will say that is probably the most idiotic/simplistic/naive/sore loser group of houseguests that's ever been on. They were so bitter.

I sat there last night and they were all talking about how they made good friends and it hurt if someone stabbed them in the back. At what point do they lose common sense and forget this is a GAME. It blows my mind that for most of them, they lose sight of the real reason the are there.

I'm somewhat interested in seeing the 'celebrities' that are on the show this winter.

Agree to a point on a lot of this, however the whole cast just kinda sucked. Didn't help that Christmas, a strong female, breaks her foot.

I wanted to root for Whistle Nut, but the way Paul/Alex could control him lost his luster for me.

TuckerBlayze

May 17, 2009
I love Big Brother but this game is somewhat rigged. If you don't think so, you aren't paying close enough attention.
*Certain games are played at certain times during the season.
*This season had the "hex" rewards....Jessica getting hers was almost too obvious
*Them showing Paul's good-bye message immediately followed by Josh's to show them Paul was lying. They basically ruined Paul's game by doing that.

The person who wins Big Brother is usually not the person that deserves too. Paul ran that house, convinced everyone to do what he said, and not once was put on the block.
The one thing I believe they need to change is having the jury vote. They need some other way to decide who wins.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I also found it funny that Christmas played herself as being so nice. She was one of the main ones that was doing all the harassing. She is the one that said "Lets start questioning Cody's military history". It will also be interesting to hear the pushback she gets on her fake Nascar tire changing story.
That's because Cody is a douchebag.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
I love Big Brother but this game is somewhat rigged. If you don't think so, you aren't paying close enough attention.
*Certain games are played at certain times during the season.
*This season had the "hex" rewards....Jessica getting hers was almost too obvious
*Them showing Paul's good-bye message immediately followed by Josh's to show them Paul was lying. They basically ruined Paul's game by doing that.

The person who wins Big Brother is usually not the person that deserves too. Paul ran that house, convinced everyone to do what he said, and not once was put on the block.
The one thing I believe they need to change is having the jury vote. They need some other way to decide who wins.
You can't mention all of that and not mention production basically gifted Paul the first temptation.