RECRUITING: Iowa State hosting Tyler Harris this weekend

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
Notable...
@JacobPolacheck Javian Fleming (@Jay0__) confirms to me that he has cancelled his Texas A&M visit and doesn't plan on rescheduling

Fleming only scheduled his 5 OVs a little over a week ago, hasn't taken any yet, but outright cancels his first one (A&M) following his AAU teammates, Harris's, visit to Ames. That coupled with ISU being one of his first offers...it has a certain positive spin.

goclones69

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 5, 2012
Fleming only scheduled his 5 OVs a little over a week ago, hasn't taken any yet, but outright cancels his first one (A&M) following his AAU teammates, Harris's, visit to Ames. That coupled with ISU being one of his first offers...it has a certain positive spin.

He's a strong Alabama lean and is contemplating committing soon FYI

IP Guy

Jun 16, 2007
Sorry in advance for those that fear these kind of bumps.

Has Tyler set a decision date yet?

I sure hope we get this guy. He'd be the one that pushes us to the Elite 8 / Final 4 potential in 1-2 years in my mind. I watched Tyler Ullis dominate both on TV and when he was in Des Moines, and that's what I envision with him. I like the Diante Garrett-like Halliburton and am super excited to have him, but Harris is next level good imho.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I've been twitter stalking Harris a bit lately and he still continues to retweet a bunch of ISU stuff. Like others have said I think it's weird that he could have committed to ISU for a long time, still hasn't, and doesn't appear to have any other visits scheduled. Definitely happy with the class so far and I hope we get some combo of the three of Harris/Conditt/THT, but man it's tough to get a read on this one.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I've been twitter stalking Harris a bit lately and he still continues to retweet a bunch of ISU stuff. Like others have said I think it's weird that he could have committed to ISU for a long time, still hasn't, and doesn't appear to have any other visits scheduled. Definitely happy with the class so far and I hope we get some combo of the three of Harris/Conditt/THT, but man it's tough to get a read on this one.

I'm wondering if he still needs a test score or something.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
If they still land him, that would be killer. I think it is possible too, to land Conditt and Harris and still get Horton-Tucker as he seems like he won't sign early and the odds of someone leaving are high.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
IMO we will get Conditt. 6'10" big guy who can stretch the floor a bit with his shooting.

Griffin is a huge get. Halliburton is great as well since he can shoot, pass, and is a matchup nightmare. We can not wait on THT. We take Harris if we can get him. If he does not commit then you take a wait and see approach. With the guys we have and are going to get, we do not need to just take a body.

PantherCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2017
If they still land him, that would be killer. I think it is possible too, to land Conditt and Harris and still get Horton-Tucker as he seems like he won't sign early and the odds of someone leaving are high.

I know Iowa State have had a lot of attrition lately, but looking at the roster, who wouldn't be there next year? Because of the 2 sit out transfers, and an open scholarship, there isn't a single player on the roster that I can't make a case for getting meaningful minutes this year. I know a lot of people are throwing Long's name around, but he got minutes as a freshman, albeit not many, while playing through injury. He is also a highly touted recruit. If he is healthy, I see him getting minutes. If he gets minutes, I don't see him leaving. At this point, I am almost hoping that Conditt goes to Illinois, taking a scholarship that could be used for THT, and we get THT and Harris. I just don't see Conditt being Big 12 Ready any sooner than 3 years from now...

The thing about THT taking so long in his recruiting process is that I see schools using scholarships on guys they can get now rather than waiting on maybe-s. It would be nice to have one late in the game to offer him.

crash_zone

Apr 10, 2006
Sioux Falls, SD
I know Iowa State have had a lot of attrition lately, but looking at the roster, who wouldn't be there next year? Because of the 2 sit out transfers, and an open scholarship, there isn't a single player on the roster that I can't make a case for getting meaningful minutes this year. I know a lot of people are throwing Long's name around, but he got minutes as a freshman, albeit not many, while playing through injury. He is also a highly touted recruit. If he is healthy, I see him getting minutes. If he gets minutes, I don't see him leaving. At this point, I am almost hoping that Conditt goes to Illinois, taking a scholarship that could be used for THT, and we get THT and Harris. I just don't see Conditt being Big 12 Ready any sooner than 3 years from now...

The thing about THT taking so long in his recruiting process is that I see schools using scholarships on guys they can get now rather than waiting on maybe-s. It would be nice to have one late in the game to offer him.

Don't play the "guess who will transfer" game. It isn't fair to the players and you just never know with these things. Just use the assumption that someone will leave because they always do.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Someone always leaves, no reason to speculate on who but someone will leave.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

PantherCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2017
Don't play the "guess who will transfer" game. It isn't fair to the players and you just never know with these things. Just use the assumption that someone will leave because they always do.

I am just saying that I wouldn't be shocked at all if no-one transferred.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
This is also a roster full of Prohm-recruited guys now.

Everybody is here because they wanted to be here with this staff.

That was not 100% the case the past few years.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
This is also a roster full of Prohm-recruited guys now.

Everybody is here because they wanted to be here with this staff.

That was not 100% the case the past few years.

Guys are still going to be unhappy with playing time or not doing the things they're supposed to so they're asked to leave.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Go find me a team that didn't have a transfer and I will show you 200 that did. The odds are so against having everybody stay these days that you should always assume someone will leave. I guarantee the coaches see it the same way.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
I know Iowa State have had a lot of attrition lately, but looking at the roster, who wouldn't be there next year?

These are all scenarios that are very very unlikely but possible.

-Wigginton could go pro if he's good enough.
-Long, Lewis, or Solomon could transfer for whatever reason.
-Babb, Talley, or Shayok could all transfer as grad transfers.
-Lard could go juco if he wanted to not burn a year of eligibility.
-Jacobson is probably the most sure player not to transfer due to the fact that he would have to burn a year of eligibility. But ya never know Kasongo did. Ha.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Stormin

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny

-Jacobson is probably the most sure player not to transfer due to the fact that he would have to burn a year of eligibility. But ya never know Kasongo did. Ha.
Oh great, the whole team is transferring.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I am just saying that I wouldn't be shocked at all if no-one transferred.

I would be. And it's not an ISU thing - it's just how college basketball is now. It's far more likely that there will be attrition every offseason for any number of reasons. Cold, but that's how it goes.

But like another poster noted, I wouldn't speculate on who's likely to return or not - that's really unfair to the players to have that stuff swirling around. Let the chips fall where they may.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton

-All of the above, CW could streak around Hilton.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron