Game of Thrones Season 7

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Wow....I felt like a pro wrestling fan yelling out "Holy Sh!t" while watching his favorite star fly off the turnbuckle. Tonight's episode had more than a few moments like that.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
Great episode with many epic moments.

But at the same time... So many "well that doesn't make any sense" instances, especially when it comes to time. That raven to Dany must have hitched a ride on a jet plane.

• Agree
  • Dislike
Reactions: isufbcurt and Angie

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
Amazing episode. So many knots tied up just with the Jon Squad walking towards their goal. Kissed by fire, long claw, Gendry's leeches.

Sansa discovers Arya is a faceless man and a scary one at that.

The attack of the undead bear, which ultimately kills Theros.

The hound throws a damn rock, bringing all hell upon the party.

Danny saves the day but the Knights King gets his flying mount.

Best episode ever.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

But at the same time... So many "well that doesn't make any sense" instances, especially when it comes to time. That raven to Dany must have hitched a ride on a jet plane.
My feelings exactly. Entertaining, but they continue to insult their audience, which is frustrating.

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
My feelings exactly. Entertaining, but they continue to insult their audience, which is frustrating.

I am really torn about it. At this point they are making riveting TV. But they are sacrificing a lot in credible plot and dialogue. I almost feel cheated they get to kill a dragon, and toy with these characters who we have so much invested into, I do anyway.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA

I agree. I'm very torn on the episode. It definitely furthered the plot, and there were some great moments. Like, pretty much everything that The Hound or Tormund says is gold. They are a good matchup, I hope to see them together again.

However, Gendry must be better than the Boston Marathoners to make that distance, get a ravens across the country to Dany, her ride it back, and save the day(-ish) all in the amount of time the other dudes were sitting on a hill somehow not freezing to death. I totally understand suspending disbelief - but in the early parts of the series, it was a big deal that ravens were slow. Have they yet explained how Benjen became Coldhands and is only part wight or not wight or... whatever? And the dragon wight thing was coming from a mile away - it's definitely a game-changer, but interesting. And why the hell didn't Dany put on a freaking coat before she left?

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I am really torn about it. At this point they are making riveting TV. But they are sacrificing a lot in credible plot and dialogue. I almost feel cheated they get to kill a dragon, and toy with these characters who we have so much invested into, I do anyway.

I think part of the reason it's so bothersome is that Martin is so incredibly particular about details and keeping this fantasy sort of... realistic, I guess. He has backstories for everything, even things that don't need backstories. The first several seasons of the show followed that thorough consistency.

It's still some of the best TV out there, and I know that they're reaching the end and probably panicking - it's just detracting a bit.

• Agree
Reactions: State43

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
They should have subtitled this entire season: Game of Thrones Season 7: Deus Ex Machina

Still a very enjoyable show, but I wish they would have done better.

HoraceGrant

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2011
Tough to make all the travel realistic when there's only 7 episodes left. This season easily could've been 3-4 episodes of travel, but then not nearly as many plot points would have been covered. Just difficult with the final 2 seasons being shorter

• Agree
Reactions: FerShizzle

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
What do ice dragons breath? Some sort of ice breath? :rolleyes:

Better get some dragonstone big bolts to shoot at that thing.

shopping

Reactions: Angie

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I loved the episode. And I have no problem with the time travel stuff (in fact if it wasn't for the complaining I wouldn't have even thought about it), they have a lot to cover in few episodes so I would rather have them fill episodes with needed scenes and not wasting time as someone travels.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I agree. I'm very torn on the episode. It definitely furthered the plot, and there were some great moments. Like, pretty much everything that The Hound or Tormund says is gold. They are a good matchup, I hope to see them together again.

However, Gendry must be better than the Boston Marathoners to make that distance
, get a ravens across the country to Dany, her ride it back, and save the day(-ish) all in the amount of time the other dudes were sitting on a hill somehow not freezing to death. I totally understand suspending disbelief - but in the early parts of the series, it was a big deal that ravens were slow. Have they yet explained how Benjen became Coldhands and is only part wight or not wight or... whatever? And the dragon wight thing was coming from a mile away - it's definitely a game-changer, but interesting. And why the hell didn't Dany put on a freaking coat before she left?

I'm playing the Devil's Advocate here, so just hear me out....we really don't know how far past the Wall/Eastwatch they got. It's possible they might have gotten only a few miles north before they found themselves in that spot of trouble. With the blizzard conditions it was hard to get a good feel for it. Again, just playing the advocate here.