Who was the TRUE villain in Jurassic Park?

What was the TRUE villain in Jurassic Park?

• Total voters

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
The real villian...it's like Capitalism man. Its just like...like we're all just these eggs man. Thrown into a system and told to stay in our pens man...well we won't man. just like those dinos, we need to break free and destroy our masters. You can't shackle us man. (to be spoken in your best Tommy Chong voice)

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Society/humans is the answer.

I think Malcolm points that out during his rant when they're discussing the island. They could have just ended the movie there.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Correct. Wasn't that the reason why some females could turn to males?

Did that end up mattering in the movie, though? Muldoon says there were eight raptors, and The Big One killed all but two of the others.

That's what they faced down in Jurassic Park. Their ability to breed opened the door to some sequels, I guess, but I prefer not to talk about those.

In the book, it was a major plot point that the gender switching and breeding and a bug in the tracking system (looking for a minimum number and quitting, rather than a total number) led to a runaway population boom on the island and, eventually, once the raptors were out, way more than what Muldoon and crew could handle on their own.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
No I think Jurassic World II will be "Yet another idiot thinks raising dinosaurs is a good idea"

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
They can call it whatever they want as long as Chris Pratt is back. :D
Chris Pratt is the new Channing Tatum. He'll be in every other movie for a few years and then the new Chris Pratt will take his place.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: GTO

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Was it a velociraptor that knocked the cage door open and killed the crew worker? If so, how the hell can a little girl slam a door into it and knock it down??

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Was it a velociraptor that knocked the cage door open and killed the crew worker? If so, how the hell can a little girl slam a door into it and knock it down??

We're not supposed to ask that question. Suspension of disbelief and all that, ya know. :)

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I'm glad someone mentioned Hammond and the compys. I watched the movie and thought Hammond was a tottering buffoon who had finally achieved his dream when he was too old and soft to handle it. When I then read the book Hammond's hubris was clearer and it was fitting that he succumbed to his creation at the end.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone