NBA: ***Official NBA Draft and Offseason Thread***

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Wade knew this was a possibility but he chose to opt in. He wants his money.
I don't think it is petty to play out the majority of the year. They should keep him until and if they get a good enough offer that it benefits them to partially buy him out.

Oh there's no doubt that Wade knew what was coming and he intentionally opted in early, before the Butler trade, so that he could say he thought the Bulls were going to be contending next year and wouldn't have opted in otherwise and use that for his reason for wanting the buyout right away. He wants the full amount, the Bulls don't want to pay him to just go play with LeBron. They deserve to be stuck with each other.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
It wouldn't be like the Bulls front office to miss out on a chance to be petty and force Wade to play out the vast majority of the year before buying him out. It will be fun to see Wade try to force them to buy him out just by totally mailing it in all year.

Absolutely. For Pacers fans, misery loves company. It's us and the Bulls battling it out out for lottery position instead of the eight seed.

But the bolded part is exactly why the Bulls should do whatever it takes to get him out of Chicago. If they're really going all in on a youth movement and a rebuild, the last thing they need is an entitled vet hogging the ball or worse still, just cashing checks and undermining the coach.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Sounds like he'll be back coaching college basketball very soon.

Reactions: CyArob

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19971873/cleveland-cavaliers-sign-turkish-player-cedi-osman

Way to go, Cavs. This guy and Jeff Green will absolutely be the keys to closing the gap on the Warriors. No wonder Lebron wants out after next season. Going into a critical offseason in win now mode, and Gilbert not only lets his GM walk but he doesn't get anyone hired in time for the draft or the opening round of free agency.

Cleveland is still the favorite in the East, but as currently configured they're still nowhere near good enough to overtake Golden State.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19971873/cleveland-cavaliers-sign-turkish-player-cedi-osman

Way to go, Cavs. This guy and Jeff Green will absolutely be the keys to closing the gap on the Warriors. No wonder Lebron wants out after next season. Going into a critical offseason in win now mode, and Gilbert not only lets his GM walk but he doesn't get anyone hired in time for the draft or the opening round of free agency.

Cleveland is still the favorite in the East, but as currently configured they're still nowhere near good enough to overtake Golden State.

While your right that the Cav's haven't improved enough to overtake GSW there isn't a lot they could really do to improve. Due to the contracts of Lebron, Kyrie, K-Love, Trystian, JR, and lesser contracts to Shumpert Kover, fry they're caped out going into the offseason, The only move they could have done was to get improve PG-13 and once Griffen left that wasn't going to happen. I don't' want to kill their offseason when they don't have much of chance to improve and are paying 70 mill + in tax to the league.

It isn't a sexy off season but Ossipi, Korver, and Jeff Green are possible upgrades on the bottom of the roster. Granted Green has been a tease in the past and Ossipi may or may not translate but both have talent and won't need to play big roles if they aren't playing well. They will also be the destination for buyout guys during the season to fill some holes.

In the end Cleveland won the offseason due to the East teams not getting appreciatively better, get to the finals and let the chips land as they will.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Great stuff from Monte today. He outplayed a couple of Nuggets first rounders in Beasley and Lydon.

If any of you are curious denverstiffs is a great place for online Nuggets talk.

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
Dont get the Bucks fascination with getting D Rose. They already have two guys that are pretty much perfect for the pg position on the team (great 3-D types). All I can think is they want rose to be a 6th man scorer type as more of a SG. Confusing team in general though until they figure out what to do with Parker as he doesnt really fit that team either.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20082350/houston-rockets-luc-mbah-moute-reach-deal

Good bargain signing for the Rockets. He was one of the best 3 and D players available in free agency this offseason. Now if they can find a way to pull off a trade for Melo they could be a really fun team to watch. I think Melo could flourish in that system as a catch and shoot player, plus when the possessions slow down late in the postseason and points get a little tougher to come by he's still one of the best iso guys in the game.

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
If nothing big happens the rest of the offseason the Western Conference playoff seedings will be pretty intense. This is how I think things will end up:
1. Golden State

2. Houston

3. San Antonio

4. Oklahoma City

5. Utah

6. Minnesota

7. Portland

8. Denver

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
If nothing big happens the rest of the offseason the Western Conference playoff seedings will be pretty intense. This is how I think things will end up:
1. Golden State

2. Houston

3. San Antonio

4. Oklahoma City

5. Utah

6. Minnesota

7. Portland

8. Denver

I don't think I would put Utah that high.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Woj reporting that Irving wants traded. Could be just trying to get Gilbert to actually make the team better or could be legit, who knows? But one thing is for certain, Gilbert is an idiot.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
1. Golden State

2. Houston

3. San Antonio

4. Oklahoma City

5. Utah

6. Minnesota

7. Portland

8. Denver

I've got more or less the same, other than Utah. I think five is way too high for them, but we'll see. I like Denver a little more than Portland, and I think that maybe OKC could sneak past the Spurs for the three seed.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Woj reporting that Irving wants traded. Could be just trying to get Gilbert to actually make the team better or could be legit, who knows? But one thing is for certain, Gilbert is an idiot.

Good luck getting equal value now. If he's really dead set on being the centerpiece of a mediocre team all he has to do is stay put and wait for Lebron to bolt after the 2017-18 season.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
This offseason just got even more crazy. In the Kyrie Irving meeting with Cavs, one of primary teams raised as a preferred trade destination for him: The San Antonio Spurs. Kawhi and Kyrie would be an amazing duo.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
This offseason just got even more crazy. In the Kyrie Irving meeting with Cavs, one of primary teams raised as a preferred trade destination for him: The San Antonio Spurs. Kawhi and Kyrie would be an amazing duo.

Who would the Cavs want from the Spurs?