Random Thoughts X (The 9th Regeneration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I lost track of that one when the SyFy online streaming went weird for a while. I'm more of a SciFi fan that PapaLew is so I tend to watch them on my computer a lot. I think I got about halfway through season one but remember very little of it. Should I track it down online & binge, or is it not worth the trouble?

At this point I probably won't recommend it. For me it's a convenient back-to-back watch on Friday night cable. Not sure I would tune in just for it though. It has sort of remained so-so while Dark Matter has grown on me as something I really want to watch.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I have a really stupid bachelor dude question.

My oven is self cleaning. But do I still spray oven cleaner in there, or am I just supposed to turn it on and let it do its thing?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Well hell, going to have to get my Kitchen Aid manual out now. Just sitting here watching baseball anyway.

Well, it does have a clean cycle. Don't think I've ever used it. Oven is only used for pizza rhubarb crisp and I have foil down and it's never really gotten messy. I actually used the little micro/convection combo upper unit above more often as it is big enough for single meal stuff.

oven 600x800.jpg

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Dude, I apologize. I didn't want to emasculate anyone. I should have thought about the consequences of posting before I did that.

You cannot emasculate me any more then living into my 7th decade has already done. Just sayin'. :confused:

Hey, at least my hamstrings and foot blisters are sore today. That's kind of a manly running thing, right? Oooh, and yesterday I worked on my garage! Finding studs, hanging up ladders and such. :rolleyes:

Reactions: CycloneErik

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Theorecticaly. I've had to use some strong scrubbers and arm strength to get some things off. Have you tried simply wiping and scrubbing first?

Yeah, it's like glue on there. I actually forgot it was in there and preheat my oven and there wasn't so much smoke in the house it seemed like it was burning down. I scraped it when it was still hot because it "liquified" it a little more, but when it's cool it's pretty much like dried glue.

• Dislike
Reactions: cyrevkah

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I never use the self cleaning feature. I think it makes the oven die quicker. I suppose if you are renting though, who cares? Have heard some suggest you should leave the house due to the fumes but I wouldn't be comfortable with that, leaving with an oven on over 600 degrees. The fumes have been known to kill pet birds.

I use baking soda and vinegar once a month.

Reactions: cyrevkah

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Use the oven cleaner setting for the full cycle, then wipe it out with a moist cloth. Use a plastic scraper on the stuff on the bottom. Wipe again with moist cloth. You may need to go through this cycle a couple of times before you get all the gunk up if you don't use chemicals.

After the oven is as clean as you can get it, but before you use it again, line the bottom with a piece of aluminum foil (UNDER the burner). Use the wide roll so that one piece covers it. You can change that out when you have spills, and it's a heckuva lot easier than using the cleaning cycle. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.