Race Thompson

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Update from Michigan reporter. Race is planning an unofficial to Ann Arbor in June and expects an offer. Also looking to visit Indiana. Cutting his list soon and targeting a decision before the school year starts.
http://www.umhoops.com/2017/05/22/four-star-forward-race-thompson-planning-michigan-visit/
“I would say the schools that have been showing more interest are Michigan, Michigan State and Indiana, and the same schools that have been recruiting me are coming after me even harder,”

Good to see Prohm realizes the heat is picking up on Race. Gotta stay out in front of these schools trying to come back in late.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
“I would say the schools that have been showing more interest are Michigan, Michigan State and Indiana, and the same schools that have been recruiting me are coming after me even harder,”

Good to see Prohm realizes the heat is picking up on Race. Gotta stay out in front of these schools trying to come back in late.

Except it's really not late for schools like Michigan State and Indiana, maybe even Michigan because of their name.

Reactions: Knownothing

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa

I have a feeling he's destined for a Big 10 school. Felt that way for a little while now.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I was under the impression he is just as likely not to go Big10 route than he is, because he wasn't wanting to follow the rest of his family. If that is in fact the case, not sure what them being Big10 teams has anything to do with it?

• Agree
Reactions: asmosis

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
I don't get too excited anymore until a player signs a LOI (if that means anything anymore) and actually lands on ISU campus.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Let Fennelly close the deal he's signed quit e a few from MN. they all haven't stayed but he got them to campus. ;) Would have used jimlad but he's gone.:(

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I bet if we all changed our avatars to his picture and all tweet him at the same time on Memorial Day he would choose us

Reactions: isutrevman

clonebb

Oct 23, 2015
Let's hope we can use it for the other possible use, to hold him up as a part of your class your other potential recruits would want to play with. SG's will love his passing out of the block/high post, he can move out and play along side another big, etc.

Yes, because getting a commitment or signing a LOI means anything anymore.

Reactions: isutrevman

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
Update with Race, he has visits to Indiana and Michigan in June.
No mention with ISU other than he has been in contact with the staff. He is looking for an opportunity to play early.

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1781792-two-visits-in-mind-for-thompson

Michigan scares me. Almost as much, if not more than Minnesota. I see they have a top 150 PF coming in in their 2017 class and a couple bigs from their 2016 class who haven't played yet... They certainly have open playing time with DJ Wilson gone and Mo Wagner likely gone by the time Race is playing college ball. Their system fits Race's game as well and Belien is a well-respected coach. I'm sure Prohm will continue to give Race a Lindell like recruitment though throughout the summer and it's nice to have that well-established relationship.