Race Thompson

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
It is becoming pretty clear that Race Thompson has become a priority target for Prohm and the staff in 2018. He deserves his own thread to follow ISU's recruitment over the next year.

http://247sports.com/Player/Race-Thompson-90026

@AlexHalsted 2018 PF @RaceThompson1, who is the No. 62 overall player in 2018, says he's still scheduled to visit for Saturday's game vs. Baylor.

@AlexHalsted Thompson is Iowa State's top 2018 target and the staff has been in to see him often since last year.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I've almost lost any confidence in getting a big recruit out of Minnesota. But I'll hang on to that "almost". Could use you, Race!!

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
1jyoui.jpg

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015
If Prohm goes after 3 18's, guessing only two more in '17 and planned attrition.

83cy

May 14, 2006
As someone who grew up a mile from Race's HS I can say gopher basketball is not followed with any passion up there. There is literally zero comparison between the Barn and Hilton coliseum beyond they are both gyms. how Minnesota gets recruits is beyond me.

I think I've seen more gopher apparel here than I ever did living in Minnesota.

Agree ISU clearly the better place but Minnesota tends to keep Minnesotans.

• Agree
Reactions: KezClone

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Agree ISU clearly the better place but Minnesota tends to keep Minnesotans.
since when?

Coffey is the first 4-star or higher guy they've kept in state for a while, and had Fred stuck around, there was a decent chance he wouldn't have picked the Gophers, as well.

Tyus Jones, Reid Travis. JP Macura, and Rashad Vaughn, all went elsewhere. The state of Minnesota gets picked over pretty good, and the Gophers haven't shown that they can close the border with any consistency.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
As someone who grew up a mile from Race's HS I can say gopher basketball is not followed with any passion up there. There is literally zero comparison between the Barn and Hilton coliseum beyond they are both gyms. how Minnesota gets recruits is beyond me.

I think I've seen more gopher apparel here than I ever did living in Minnesota.

Was watching the Gophers play the Hawks the other week and it was really LOUD again in The Barn. Been awhile but that place can really rock. The Barn is a total dump even with it's light refresh but the atmosphere in there can be really electric when the Gophers have a good team and they have a decent team this year (won again today). Quite the turnaround from last year and the start Little Rick had at Minnesota.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
We've been spoiled with some incredible PG'S and stretch power forwards (Ejim, Niang). Hopefully Wigginton and Thompson are the next in line. He is one of the best stretch fours in the country the guy could tear the roof off Hilton.

Reactions: isutrevman