Next coach options?

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
You have to be joking. If not, makes my list as one of the dumbest posts ever. I'd take Skeletor over this nobody.

if you think he's a nobody than you don't know jack about football coaches. I don't want him, but he's not a nobody

AustinHawk

Dec 10, 2009
I got it! Ezekiel Elliott! Since he is smarter than the current tOSU coaching staff he'd obviously be a great choice.

lakesbison

Jul 14, 2009
Chris Klieman, anyone here remember him? North Dakota State's head coach. When NDSU bopped us but good in the 2014 opener, that team looked very well-coached. And, NDSU got stronger as the day went on. Fundamentally sound, no question.

Last season NDSU was FCS national champion (iirc), with one loss (UNI in Cedar Falls).

This season, NDSU finished 9-2, the pair of losses each by three points. I like the idea that Klieman could open a new recruiting area that might work some for ISU, the northern reaches of the upper Midwest. For linemen. Combine that with our usual forays into the South. . . .

Klieman is from Waterloo (Columbus).
''\

Good post Cy Valley, but it would be a lateral move at best for Klieman.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I actually still like Mark Hudspeth from LA Lafayette. He hasn't had a great season like his previous ones so he probably won't be as looked at by other schools. But he's an SEC guy I think so not sure he'd even come north. But he's won alot there.

DuckDynastyCy

Feb 8, 2013
Nashville, TN
Just a hunch... Dave Doeren, NC State HC. Played at Drake, coached N IL and Jordan Lynch ball control offense, wife is from Chariton and someone Leath and JP both probably have had on radar for a few years. $3.4M buyout, and Leath probably already has raised the funds for whoever their target is.

Oct 10, 2012
Des Moines
Should have been Herman or Montgomery last off season when both took mediocre jobs. I back up a Brinks truck to both of them. One and done is OK if you do it to a small enough school. I wouldn't want to leave Greg Ward though.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
It is very interesting how the tide seemed to be turning in favor of Rhoads a week ago . . . for the first time in weeks, people were climbing back on the CPR bus . . . then boom.